|Pooja Hegde Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.75 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1990|
Pooja Hegde is an Indian actress and model who is best known for her performances in both Telugu and Hindi films. She was also crowned at the 3rd place during the Miss Universe India 2010 pageant competition. Pooja has been cast in several Tollywood films such as Mugamoodi (2012) and Duvvada Jagannadham (2017). She had also starred alongside one of Bollywood’s most famous actors, Hrithik Roshan in the film Mohenjo Daro in 2016. Pooja has more than 4 million followers on Instagram.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pooja went to M.M.K. College in Mumbai to pursue a degree in M.Com.
- Father – Manjunath Hegde
- Mother – Latha Hegde
- Siblings – Rishabh Hegde (Brother) (Doctor)
- Others – R.H Shetty (Grandfather) (Athlete)
5 ft 4¾ in or 164.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pooja has dated –
- Hrithik Roshan (2016) – Pooja was rumored to be dating actor Hrithik Roshan in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
Pooja has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (Citra)
- Hero (Maestro)
- Zoya Jewels
She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Samsung India
- ONLY India
Best Known For
- Starring in Telugu films such as Mugamoodi (2012), Oka Laila Kosam (2014), and Duvvada Jagannadham (2017)
- Being cast in Bollywood films like Mohenjo Daro (2016) and Housefull 4 (2019)
Pooja made her Telugu theatrical film debut as Shakthi in the superhero action film Mugamoodi in 2012.
In 2016, she made her theatrical film debut in Bollywood as Chaani in Mohenjo Daro.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the comedy-talk show The Kapil Sharma Show in 2016.
Pooja follows a 45-minute workout routine which consists of exercises such as Pilates, calisthenics, and kickboxing with circuit and interval training.
She also believes in drinking lots of water which helps in washing out all the toxic waste that dwells in the body. She also cooks her food in coconut oil. Hegde also does not shed interest in going through crash diets and cleansing juices and believes that eating well instead would keep one healthy and fit.
Pooja Hegde Favorite Things
- Song – Tum Jab Paas by Prateek Kuhad
- Bollywood Film – Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani
- Shopping Destinations – London and the US
- Restaurants – Yauatcha, Little Italy and Indigo Cafe
- Cuisines – Italian
Pooja Hegde Facts
- She was born and brought up in Mumbai, but her parents are originally from Mangalore.
- She is fluent in Hindi, Tulu, Marathi, and English.
- Growing up, she was a complete tomboy kind of a person.
- She got into acting after she had appeared on Miss India in 2010.
- If she were to work ever with an actor abroad, she would want to be cast alongside her star crush American actor Josh Duhamel and Brad Pitt.
- Her guilty pleasures are chocolate and cheese.
- Pooja is also a sports fan and a big supporter of cricketer Rahul Dravid and Swiss tennis player Roger Federer.
- Pooja is a trained classical dancer.
- Her grandfather R.H. Shetty, was congratulated by the President of India for sportsmanship in the past.
- Pooja can also play the guitar and sing.
- If she had to pick a place to run away from home, it would be to Bali.
- In a choice between Naga Chaitanya and Akkineni Nagarjuna, she would pick Naga Chaitanya to be friendly with.
- If she were not an actress, she would have either been a fashion stylist or a photographer.
- In 2009, she competed and won the title of Miss India Talented.
- During Miss India 2009 pageant, Pooja was eliminated during the beginning rounds itself.
- In 2010, she competed at the Miss Universe India and made it to 3rd place. However, she was crowned for the Miss India South glamorous Hair pageant.
- In 2017, Pooja won the title of Favorite Heroine Of The Year at the Zee Golden Awards.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0