|Hina Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hina Khan is an Indian actress and model who rose to fame with her role as Akshara in the Star Plus drama series Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. In addition to that, she has been cast in a variety of other shows which include Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 8, Indian Idol, Box Cricket League 2, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Big Boss 11, Kitchen Champion, Bigg Boss 14, Naagin 5, and Damaged 2. As a guest star, Hina Khan has been a part of projects like Kayamath, Karam Apnaa Apnaa, Katuri, Sabki Laadli Bebo, Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai, Perfect Bride, Chand Chupa Badal Mein, Sasural Genda Phool, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Chef Pankaj Ka Zayka, Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Teri Meri Love Stories, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, and Tere Sheher Mein. Moreover, Khan’s filmography includes movies such as Hacked, Smartphone, Unlock, Lines, and Wishlist.
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Hina Khan went to the Colonel’s Central Academy School. She later got enrolled at the CCA School of Management, Gurgaon. In 2009, she graduated from CCA with a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Siblings – Aamir Khan (Younger Brother) (Owner of a travel agency)
Hina Khan has been signed with Smith & Hervey/Grimes Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Manhattan Beach, California, United States.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hina Khan has dated –
- Neeraj Baliyan (2012-2014) – The rumors of Hina Khan dating director Neeraj Baliyan started circulating towards the end of 2012. They were reported to have grown close while working on the TV show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Although they publicly refused to confirm their relationship, it was a known fact in the Indian TV industry that they were, in fact, a couple. However, by the start of 2014, the rumors of their breakup started appearing and by the end of the summer, these rumors gained urgency as she was linked with Jaywant Jaiswal.
- Jaywant Jaiswal (2014-Present) – The reports of Hina dating Jaywant Jaiswal (also known as Rocky), who was the supervising producer of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, started circulating in the second half of 2014. Their relationship was very much in news in the last months of 2017 as he was seen mustering support for his girlfriend as she competed in the reality TV show, Bigg Boss. He even made a couple of appearances in the show to boost the morale of his girlfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
Hina Khan has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Apsara Tea
- Red Label
- Levenes solicitors
She has also used her strong social media presence to promote a number of products and brands.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the female lead role in the family drama TV series, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. For her impressive performances in the show, she won a couple of awards in high-profile award shows such as Indian Telly Awards and Star Parivaar Awards.
- Having participated in the 11th season of the reality TV show, Bigg Boss. She managed to finish as the first runner-up in the show.
First TV Show
In 2009, Hina Khan made her first TV show appearance on the Star Plus show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
Hina Khan regularly hits the gym to preserve her svelte curves. In her gym workouts, she lays special emphasis on strengthening her core and toning her legs. For this purpose, her workouts have a healthy concentration of various squats, lunges, and core movements such as leg raise.
She relies on a variety of dumbbell exercises such as shoulder press for her upper body conditioning. She has also added elements of boxing and kickboxing to her workout routine.
As she believes that what you eat shows on your face, she is very particular about her dietary intake. She drinks about 12 glasses of water throughout the day to remain hydrated. She also drinks coconut water twice a day. To keep her skin glowing, she eats curd and amla every day.
Hina Khan Favorite Things
- Food – Mughlai Food
- Restaurant – Veda in Connaught Place, New Delhi
- Film Actor – Aamir Khan
- Film Actress – Kajol
- TV Actress – Smriti Irani
- TV Actor – Angad Hasija
- Color – Blue
- Sports – Basketball
- Quick Snack – Bread fried in butter
Source – Telly Chakkar
Hina Khan Facts
- She managed to finish as the first runner-up in the adventure reality TV show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 8.
- Hina Khan has been diagnosed with asthma.
- In April 2021, her father passed away due to cardiac arrest.
- In 2016, she decided to leave the TV show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai as she wanted to work on different projects. She had worked in the show for 8 years.
- In 2014, she was placed in the 8th spot by MensXP, an Indian lifestyle website, in their list featuring 35 Hottest Actresses In Indian Television.
- The Ormax Media declared her the most loved contestant on Bigg Boss 11 house in November 2017.
- In November 2017, she was highly criticized for claiming that to work in South Indian movies, the actresses are asked to have a chubby figure. She claimed that she had turned such roles down as she didn’t want to become fat.
- She co-starred as Sameera Khanna aka Sam in the 2020 psychological thriller film Hacked.
- In 2020, she brought to life the character of Naageshwari (Sarvashreshth Aadi Naagin who is the first and the most powerful Naagin and Hriday’s lover) in the Hindi-language supernatural fiction television series Naagin.
- Hina earned the title of Sher Khan in Bigg Boss 11.
- She was awarded the title of the Most Stylish TV Actress by Pinkvilla in 2017.
- In April 2021, it was revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In October 2023, Hina was summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in the Mahadev online betting app scam.
Featured Image by www.filmitadka.in / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0