|Kelly Overton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1978|
|Spouse||Judson Pearce Morgan|
Kelly Overton is an American actress who is best known for being cast as Vanessa Van Helsing in the hit series of Van Helsing and as Christie Monteiro in the action film Tekken (2009). She is also noted for being cast as Rain Wilkins in All My Children (2000-2001), Rikki Naylor in True Blood (2012-2013), and Nina Brenner in Legends (2015). This magnificent actress is also distinguished for her appearances in several films such as It Runs In The Family (2003), Breaking Dawn (2004), The Ring Two (2005), In My Sleep (2010), and Correcting Christmas (2014). Besides that, she is also the co-founder of the charitable brand Benevolence LA. Kelly has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 80k followers on Twitter.
Kelly A. Overton
Wilbraham, Massachusetts, United States
California, United States
Kelly graduated from Minnechaug Regional High School in Wilbraham, Massachusetts in 1997. Later, she graduated with The Charles Jehlinger Award from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York City.
- Father – Robert Overton
- Mother – Paddy Overton
- Siblings – Staci Overton Schmid (Sister), Sean Overton (Brother)
- Others – Samuel Henry Overton (Paternal Grandfather), John F. Overton (Paternal Great Grandfather), Evelyn Irene Smith (Paternal Great Grandmother), Dorothy May Angell (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Edgar Angell (Paternal Great Grandfather), Gaynelle Adams (Paternal Great Grandmother), Frank Edward Byrd (Maternal Grandfather), Charles Byrd (Maternal Great Grandfather), Clara Payson (Maternal Great Grandmother), Anne McClelland (Maternal Grandmother), John James McClelland (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mary Jane Clarke Lyttle (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Kelly is represented by –
- Innovative Artists Agency
- Klevan Longarzo Vance Blumensaadt LLP (Legal Adviser)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly has dated –
- Judson Pearce Morgan (2002-Present) – Kelly and actor, director, and producer Judson Pearce Morgan met one another at the theatre production of The Graduate in 2002. Later, the duo got married in 2004 and had their first child a girl named Ever Morgan in 2011. However, after spending almost a decade together, the two decided to part ways in 2014. But, according to sources, the duo reconciled with one another the same year and had a second child also a girl, while she was working on the season 2 of Van Helsing in July 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She has Cherokee Indian, English, German, Irish ancestry along with other possible roots.
Light Brown (Natural)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Vanessa Van Helsing in Van Helsing and as Christie Monteiro in Tekken (2009)
- Starring in several other shows such as All My Children (2000-2001), Numbers (2007), True Blood (2012-2013)
- Portraying important characters in many films like It Runs in the Family (2003), Breaking Dawn (2004), The Ring Two (2005), The Wager (2007), The Collective (2008), and In My Sleep (2010)
Kelly made her debut theatrical film appearance as Erica in It Runs in the Family in 2003.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Rain Wilkins in All My Children in 2000.
She has always been an athletic person ever since her schooling days. This explains how she did a great job in the physical scenes in True Blood from 2012 to 2013 and Tekken (2009).
In order to play her part as the strong female lead character in the show Van Helsing, her workout routine was to set to help her attain a slightly bulkier physique with a lot of strength and weight training.
Kelly Overton Favorite Things
- Part About Filming Van Helsing – Going into a coma on the very first day of the shooting
- Experience On Tekken (2009) – Doing all the stunts by herself
Kelly Overton Facts
- She was raised in Wilbraham and stayed there until she completed her high school in 1997. After that, she moved to New York to pursue a career in acting.
- In December 2018, her parents Robert and Paddy celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
- She co-directed, co-produced, and wrote the film The Collective alongside her husband Judson Pearce Morgan. It was released in June 2008.
- Prior to making her appearance in television, she starred in the off-broadway play Shakespeare.
- She was awarded The Charles Jehlinger Award, at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, which is the highest achieved honor.
- In 2009, she was cast as the fictional video game character Christie Monteiro in Tekken. Actress Candice Hillebrand had also auditioned for the role.
- Kelly was featured in singer and songwriter Katharine McPhee and Zachary Levi‘s music video of Terrified in 2010.
- During her high school days, Kelly excelled in athletics and was unbeatable in hurdles.
- Actress Bethany Joy Lenz and Kelly are close friends.
- In the past, she co-founded the charity based company, Benevolence LA.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Kelly Overton / Instagram