|Scott Bakula Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.75 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1954|
Scott Bakula is a talented American Golden Globe Award-winning actor, singer, director, and producer. He is known for his roles in NCIS: New Orleans, Quantum Leap, Star Trek: Enterprise, Basmati Blues, American Beauty, Above Suspicion, Gung Ho, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Boston Legal, Chuck, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and NCIS. He has appeared in many stage productions like Romance Romance, The Quality of Life, and Marilyn. Scott briefly attended the University of Kansas.
Scott Stewart Bakula
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Upstate New York, New York, United States
Scott Bakula graduated from Jefferson College in Missouri. Later, he joined the University of Kansas but left to pursue his career in acting in New York.
Actor, Singer, Director, Producer
- Father – Stewart Bakula (Lawyer)
- Mother – Sally Bakula
- Siblings – He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
- Others – Will Botfield (Father-In-Law), Joseph William Bakula (Paternal Grandfather), Joseph W. Bakula (Paternal Great Grandfather), Hattie T. Reden (Paternal Great Grandmother), Jessie L. Stewart (Paternal Grandmother), Edwin Frederick Zumwinkel (Maternal Grandfather), William Zumwinkel (Maternal Great Grandfather), Minnie Rechlrmald (Maternal Great Grandmother), Henrietta Amola Eiker (Maternal Grandmother), Thaddeus Boggs Eiker (Maternal Great Grandfather), Amalia Henrietta Friedrich (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Scott Bakula is managed by –
- Jay D. Schwartz & Associates, Talent Management Company, Sherman Oaks, California, United States
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
Jazz, Pop, Broadway
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott Bakula has dated –
- Krista Newmann – Scott dated Krista Neumann for a while before tying the knot in 1981. They have 2 children together – daughter Chelsy Bakula (b. 1984) and son Cody Bakula (b. 1991, adopted). They finalized their divorced in 1995.
- Chelsea Field – Scott was in a relationship with actress Chelsea Field for a while. The couple married in 2009. They are blessed with 2 sons named Wil Bakula (b. December 1, 1995) and Owen Bakula (b. 1991).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, 1/8th Bohemian (Czech), 1/16th Austrian, English, and Scottish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Lean figure
- Long face
- Often seen in suits
Scott Bakula has either endorsed or appeared in commercials for brands like –
- Folgers Coffee (1985)
- Chevrolet Automobiles (1983)
- Canada Dry (1984)
- America’s Vet Dogs (2011)
Best Known For
His roles in science-fiction TV series Quantum Leap (1989-1993) as Sam Beckett and Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005) as Captain Jonathan Archer; and in the crime drama series NCIS: New Orleans as Special Agent Dwayne Cassius “King” Pride
As a Singer
He has performed in numerous broadways and TV series like Quantum Leap (1989–1993) where he sang Blue Moon of Kentucky, Baby, Let’s Play House, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Fate’s Wide Wheel, Rock the Redhead, Somewhere in the Night, Great Balls Of Fire, and Imagine, among others.
In 1990, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy film Sibling Rivalry as Harry Turner.
In 1997, he made his debut as a voice actor in the animated comedy film Cats Don’t Dance as Danny.
First TV Show
In 1986, he made his first TV show appearance on the biographical drama series The Magical World of Disney as Jeffrey Wilder.
In 1998, he lent his voice for the character Elbegast the Robber Knight in the animated fantasy series Adventures from the Book of Virtues.
Scott Bakula’s secret to fitness is running. He got into running from playing soccer in his youth. He loves running in the heat when it’s 90 or 100 degrees in humidity. Scott tries to run 3-4 times a week for a minimum of 45 minutes, depending on what he is training to achieve. While on Sundays, he does a 6-10 miles run. Apart from running, he works on weights and stepper. He has a trainer Mark Harigian, who helps him get the best result. Scott also trains for marathons and has participated in few.
Scott Bakula Favorite Things
- Song – Leon Russell’s Tight Rope
- Gym Machine To Work On – The Stepper
- Professional Athlete – Usain Bolt
- Thing About Running – A great way to shut out the crazy world and business for some time.
- Spots To Run – Griffith Park, Runyon Canyon, and the beach
- Brand Of Shoes For Running – Asics and Saucony
Scott Bakula Facts
- His last name “Bakula” which means the flower is pronounced “back-you-LUH”.
- He was active in soccer, tennis, and theater during his school days.
- At just the age of 4, a few white streaks of hair started appearing on his head, which his mother initially thought was caused from a paint that he had gotten while helping a neighbor.
- His daughter, Chelsy Bakula, made a special appearance in an episode titled Memphis Melody of Quantum Leap in 1993.
- During his days at the University of Kansas, he was a member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
- He is the only actor who has 2 of his roles included in TV Guide‘s “25 Legends of Sci-Fi” list, which are, the character of Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap and Jonathan Archer from Star Trek: Enterprise.
- On March 6, 2005, he participated in the Los Angeles Marathon and finished in 4 hours, 10 minutes, and 41 seconds.
- He has worked with director James Whitmore Jr. on several series including Quantum Leap (1989-1993), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1996-1997), Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005), and NCIS (2014-2017).
- His wife, Chelsea Field, tried out for the role of Captain Kathryn Janeway on Star Trek: Voyager (1995), but the part went to Kate Mulgrew.
- His last name “Bakula” is very common in Croatia and very rare in the Czech Republic, such that many Croatian newspapers like Slobodna Dalmacija, conducted interviews with several Croatians named Bakula to determine Scott Bakula’s origin during the premiere of the first season of Star Trek: Enterprise (2001) in Croatia.
- He is a devoted Democrat.
- He owns a farm in upstate New York.
- Scott has been awarded a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame for Acting/Entertainment in St. Louis, Missouri.
- On November 3, 2015, celebrating the Star Trek: Enterprise (2001) series, Tuvalu issued a silver coin where he appeared as Captain Jonathan Archer.
- The TV series NCIS: New Orleans is his first show to reach 100 episodes; whereas, Quantum Leap (1989-1993) ran for 97 episodes and Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005) for 98 episodes, as both fell short of the milestone.
- In 1995, he was on the covers of the March issue of Playgirl magazine and in the interview inside the magazine, he stated that he would have no problem doing n*de scenes in a movie.
- His go-to designer for clothing includes Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Hugo Boss.
- His essential pair of shoes are Prada.
- Scott’s signature drink is Tequila.
- He likes to take a vacation either on the beach or the snow.
- He relaxes by listening to music, working out, taking a timeout with his kids, and going out for a great meal.
- Scott had a stint directing 3 episodes in Quantum Leap in 1991 and 1992; and has worked as an executive producer in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1996-1997) for 13 episodes, and as a producer in NCIS: New Orleans.
- The best piece of advice that he has received is from his dad who told him that “You’re only as good as your last impression”.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0