|Yung Miami Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1994|
Yung Miami is an American rapper, fashion designer, and social media star, best known as 1 half of the trap and hip hop duo City Girls alongside JT, whose real name is Jatavia Shakara Johnson. The two released their debut single titled Fu*k Dat Ni**a ft. Quality Control in August 2017. Because JT was arrested and charged with aggravated identity theft and was scheduled for release on March 21, 2020, Yung Miami was left to fend for both of them at that time. She didn’t give up, and paid DJs in strip clubs “$20 to play the song” after which it caught on, and ended up on the compilation album Control the Streets Volume 1 which peaked at number 5 on the US Billboard 200 chart. In January 2018, she also recorded a music video for the song and featured a female rapper Trina. In May 2018, Yung Miami and JT released their debut mixtape titled PERIOD, which consisted of 16 tracks in total, out of which the most prominent were Tighten Up, One Of Them Nights, Not Ya Main, Where The Bag At, Careless, Rap Sh*t, Movie, How to Pimp A N**ga, and Clear The Air.
Yung Miami released her debut studio album titled Girl Code on November 18, 2018, under Quality Control Music, Motown Records, and Capitol Records. The album peaked at the 31st spot on US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and 55th spot on the US Billboard 200 chart. It consisted of 13 tracks in total, and the most prominent were Trap Star, Swerve, Clout Chasin, Drip, Give It a Try (ft. Jacquees), Season (ft. Lil Baby), On the Low, and P*nties an Bra. The other 2 singles reached a massive audience as well, Twerk ft. Cardi B managed to peak at number 29 on the US Billboard Hot 100, while Act Up managed to peak at number 13 on US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. Yung Miami has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 4 million followers on her personal Instagram account and more than 3 million followers on the joint Instagram account, as well as more than 1.5 million subscribers on their joint YouTube channel.
Caresha Romeka Brownlee
Yung Miami, Yung Miami 305
Opa-locka, Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
She attended Miramar High School in Miramar, Florida, United States, and graduated in 2012.
Rapper, Social Media Star, Fashion Designer
- Mother – Keenya Young
- Others – Trina (Godmother) (Rapper)
Yung Miami is represented by her hip hop group’s management team in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, United States.
Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap
- Quality Control Music
- Motown Records
- Capitol Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yung Miami has dated –
- Jai Wiggins (2010-2015) – She was in a long-term relationship with Jai, with whom she had a very turbulent relationship, filled with arguing and alleged abuse and physical attacks. The two began dating in May 2010, and 3 years later, on June 26, 2013, their child, a son named Jai Wiggins Malik Jr. was born. Even though there was violent behavior in the past, their relationship majorly deteriorated past June 2015 after the breakup. Yung Miami filed a temporary restraining order in October 2015 because he allegedly not only stalked and harassed her but also tried to pull her hair by snatching her hair extensions. Jai also reportedly pulled her out of a car and hit her in the face and the head repeatedly. She ended up with contusion to her eye, and several cuts to her lips and face. After the violent incident, the judge got involved and awarded her a long-term protective order. Jai was required to stay 500 yards away from her at all times, and also attend a program regarding domestic violence prevention. Yung Miami was also awarded sole custody of their son. In 2018, long after their relationship ended, it was revealed that Jai failed to complete the program and skipped out on paying required fines, but somehow didn’t end up in jail. Her son also has an Instagram account under the name “_princejai” which has amassed more than 40k followers. In November 2018, while speaking on The Breakfast Club radio show with the host Charlamagne Tha God, Yung Miami said she would beat her son if he was gay. After she faced backlash for homophobia, she simply stated that she wouldn’t want her son to be gay, but has nothing against those that were gay, which didn’t really help her situation. On June 25, 2019, Yung Miami also shared a picture of a very expensive golden chain that she purchased for her son’s 6th birthday, in addition to a few toys he loved.
- Southside (2018-Present) – In October 2018, Yung Miami began dating the American record producer, real name Joshua Howard Luellen, also known as ‘Sizzle’ and ‘Southside on da Track,’ who has worked with the biggest names in the hip hop music industry. The two began taking care of her son from the previous relationship. In addition, on June 11, 2019, she went on her Instagram to announce that God has blessed them and that she was pregnant with her 2nd child, and the 1st with Southside. She also answered a very common question that she refrains from working in the studio with him directly because he’ll “go hard on her.”
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown,’ ‘Platinum Blonde,’ ‘Blonde,’ ‘Cyan,’ ‘Dark Blue,’ ‘Pink,’ ‘Green,’ and ‘Bright Red’ in the past.
- Voluptuous physique
- Fuller Lips
Yung Miami has endorsed brands such as –
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Christian Louboutin
- Gianvito Rossi
- Alexandre Vauthier
- Louis Vuitton
- Giuseppe Zanotti
- MMG Clothing
- TOM FORD
- Stashhouse Miami
- The Kellon Deryck Salon
- Jewelry Unlimited, Inc.
Best Known For
- Her social media following with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million subscribers on their joint YouTube channel
- Having released a debut mixtape as part of City Girls hip hop duo in May 2018, titled PERIOD, consisting of 16 tracks, and their debut studio album Girl Code in November 2018, consisting of 13 tracks in total
Yung Miami, as part of a duo City Girls, released her debut studio album titled Girl Code on November 18, 2018, under Quality Control Music, Motown Records, and Capitol Records. The album peaked at number 55 on US Billboard 200 chart, and number 31 on US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. It consisted of 13 tracks in total, which were titled Intro (#FreeJT), Drip, What We Doin, Trap Star, Swerve, Clout Chasin, Give It a Try (ft. Jacquees), Broke Boy, Season (ft. Lil Baby), P*nties an Bra, and On the Low. The remaining 2 singles were the most prominent – Twerk featuring Cardi B debuted at number 92 and peaked at number 29 on the US Billboard Hot 100, while Act Up peaked at number 26 Billboard Hot 100 and 13 on US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
Yung Miami Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Yung Miami Facts
- Her name is often confused with the name of a male rapper named Young Miami.
- She met her partner JT while they were teenagers.
- Both of them grew up in rough neighborhoods of Miami, Florida, United States – Yung Miami in Opa-Locka and JT in Liberty City, which is where their group’s name, City Girls, comes from.
- Her mom ended up in prison in 2009 due to shoplifting and the accidental death of the 40-year-old security guard from the Macy’s store they stole purses from.
- Yung Miami fell in love with trap music while traveling to school in a car with her young boyfriend, who influenced her.
- She initially promoted her fashion line before she became a rapper.
- At the age of 17, she and JT performed in nightclubs, strip clubs, and block parties.
- They used their cousin’s warehouse to record their debut single, Fu*k Dat Ni**a (2017).
- Yung Miami coined the phrase “flewed out.” She accidentally said it while she was drunk and before a show, and it ended up in the urban dictionary.
- She has collaborated with the rapper Drake on the song In My Feelings from his 5th studio album Scorpion (2018). Yung Miami also appeared in the music video on August 2, 2018.
- Hazel-E, a fellow female rapper, accused her group of stealing the beat for their song Act Up (2018) from her original single originally titled Girl Code (2017). Lil Yachty came to their defense, saying he wrote Act Up in the studio himself. In response, Hazel-E said she would start copyright infringement and plagiarism lawsuits against them.
- Yung Miami received backlash from her fanbase for crowd surfing while pregnant on May 18, 2019.
- She was scared to tell the head of Quality Control Music, Pierre “Pee” Thomas, that she was pregnant for the 2nd time because she felt responsible for holding the fort while JT was in jail. Luckily, Pierre was very supportive of her pregnancy.
- On June 18, 2019, Yung Miami announced there will be new music videos coming out while JT was in jail. Additionally, instead of the 24 months that she was initially supposed to serve, she will serve only 6 due to a plea deal she took.
Featured Image by Yung Miami / Instagram