|Southside Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Southside is an American record producer, songwriter, and rapper who has published a solo studio album titled Swervo (July 2018) which had peaked at number 15 on the US charts and number 8 on the US R&B/HH charts. Over the course of his career, he has also released numerous mixtapes. He is well recognized in the music industry for producing songs for prominent artists across the American hip-hop sphere. In 2010, he had co-founded a production and songwriting team called 808 Mafia, a group that he has helmed ever since.
Joshua Howard Luellen
Southside, Young Sizzle, 808MafiaBoss
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Record Producer, Songwriter, Rapper
- Father – Masaba Tyson (Record Producer)
Hip Hop, Rap, Trap
FL Studio, Vocals
- 1017 Brick Squad Records
- Very GOOD Beats
- Machine Entertainment
- Epic Records
- Cinematic Music Group
- 808 Mafia
- Bricksquad Monopoly Money
- RBC Records
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Southside has dated –
- Yung Miami (2018-2020) – Southside had started dating rapper, fashion designer, and social media star Caresha Romeka Brownlee aka Yung Miami in October 2018. They began taking care of her son from a previous relationship. In June 2019, she had announced that she was pregnant with her 2nd child, and the 1st with Southside. The baby girl (b. 2019) was named Summer Miami Luellen. The couple had parted ways in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has both his hands, neck, face, and entire upper torso covered in tattoos
- His stage name, Southside, is a tribute to the name of the locality where he had grown up in Atlanta.
- In his youth, he used to participate in competitions organized by Little League Baseball, a nonprofit organization that organizes local youth baseball and softball leagues throughout the United States and the rest of the world. He had, however, given up on the sport after suffering a concussion caused by a ball smashing into his head.
- He had then turned to music and had started making beats, using a computer gifted by his uncle, by the time he had turned 14. It was after this that he had seriously started considering music production as a serious career path.
- He was about 17 years old when he was eventually discovered by then-unknown rapper Waka Flocka Flame. Through his recommendation, noted rapper and record executive Gucci Mane had signed him up to his label 1017 Brick Squad Records.
- In 2011, he had co-produced a track called Illest M*therf***er Alive from Kanye West & Jay-Z’s critically acclaimed album Watch the Throne. This work had caused enough buzz, drawn a lot of attention, and had brought him into the mainstream hip-hop scene.
- In January 2013, he had produced a track titled Millions which was the lead single of rapper Pusha T‘s mixtape Wrath of Caine. The song had caused controversy when another producer named Rico Beats was asked to modify Southside’s instrumental for the final version of the song. Southside had not been informed about this which had led to the two producers exchanging threats over Twitter.
Featured Image by Southside / Instagram