|Lisa Lopes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1971|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Lisa Lopes was an American rapper, singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress who is remembered for being a member of the girl group named TLC which released several albums such as Ooooooohhh… On the TLC Tip, FanMail, and several others. As a member of TLC, she also won several awards like Billboard Music Award, Grammy Award, and MTV Video Music Award.
Lisa Nicole Lopes
Left Eye, N.I.N.A.
She was born on May 27, 1971.
Lisa Lopes passed away at the age of 30 on April 25, 2002, in La Ceiba, Honduras due to a traffic collision.
Hillandale Memorial Gardens, Lithonia, DeKalb County, Georgia, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Lisa Lopes studied at Philadelphia High School for Girls.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress
- Father – Ronald Lopes Sr. (US Army Staff Sergeant)
- Mother – Wanda Denise (née Andino) (Seamstress)
- Siblings – Ronald Jr. (Younger Brother) (General Manager of UNI Studios), Raina Anitra (Professionally goes by Reigndrop) (Younger Sister)
- Others – Charles “Charlie” Lopes (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Bailey (Paternal Grandmother), Jose A. Andino (Maternal Grandfather), Lillie (Maternal Grandmother), Tionne Watkins (Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author, Executive Producer)
Hip Hop, Pop, R&B
LaFace Records, Arista Records, Inc., Death Row
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa Lopes had dated –
- Tupac Shakur (1991) – She had a short-termed relationship with rapper and actor, Tupac Shakur in 1991 and later tattooed “Love U 2” in the musical notes on her foot for him.
- Andre Rison (1993-2001) – Lisa Lopes started dating football wide receiver, Andre Rison in the year 1993 and the duo dated for a couple of years. Their relationship went through some major ups and downs including the incident in which she set fire to Andre Rison’s sneakers in a bathtub in order to express her anger and get back at him but this entire incident had a rather unfortunate end as the fire ultimately burned down the mansion that was shared by the couple and destroyed it. She had also accused Rison of emotional and physical torture.
- Wanya Morris (1995) – In 1995, she went out with singer Wanya Morris for a few months.
- Larry (1997-1999)
- Marion ‘Suge’ Knight (2002) – She had a fling with record producer, music executive, and former American football player, Marion ‘Suge’ Knight, in 2002.
Note – She mothered 2 adopted children.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Hispanic)
Lisa Lopes was of African-Cape Verdean, African-American, and Mexican descent.
- Used to replace one lens of her glasses with a condom during performances
Lisa Lopes Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Kansas, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Panama and was the oldest sibling.
- Lisa Lopes once described her father as “very strict, very domineering” and also revealed that he treated the family like they were in “boot camp”.
- She was in school when her parents separated and then Lisa Lopes was raised under the care of her paternal grandmother.
- As a solo artist, she released her first and the only solo studio album, Supernova, on August 14, 2001, via Arista. It comprised of songs such as The Block Party, Life is Like a Park, Let Me Live, Jenny, I Believe in Me, Head to the Sky, Rags to Riches, and Untouchable and featured several other artists such as Jazze Pha, Angela Hunte, and Esthero.
Featured Image by MboyoT / Flickr / CC BY 2.0