|Meena Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Meena is an Indian actress, playback singer, TV judge, and dubbing artiste who is predominantly known for her work in the South Indian film industry as well as Bollywood. During the 90s, Meena was one of the leading actresses in the Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu cinema.
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Meena attended Vidyodhaya School in Chennai until 8th grade. After that, she started her journey in the film and television industry due to which Meena had to leave her education before matriculation. Later, Meena completed her 10th standard by attending private coaching.
In 2006, Meena completed her Master’s in History from Madras University through the open university system.
She trained in the Bharathanatyam dance style in the past.
Actress, Playback Singer, TV Judge, Dubbing Artiste
- Father – Durairaj
- Mother – Raj Mallika
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meena has dated –
- Vidyasagar (2009-2022) – Meena tied the knot with a Bangalore-based software engineer named Vidyasagar at Arya Vysya Samaj Kalyana Mandapam on July 12, 2009. They later went on to visit Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, Andhra Pradesh. Then, they came back to Chennai to hold a reception at Mayor Ramanathan Chettiar Hall. Together, the couple has a daughter Nainika who was cast in her debut film at the age of 5 in Theri (2016). Sadly, Vidyasagar passed away on June 28, 2022, due to lung-related ailments.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin lips
- Round face shape
Meena has appeared in commercials for various brands including Bhrigu Infra Pvt Ltd.
Meena Favorite Things
- Actor – Hrithik Roshan
Source – Instagram
- She was brought up in Chennai (then Madras), Tamil Nadu.
- Meena’s mother is originally from Kannur which is a district of Kerala, while, her father is from Andhra.
- She is multilingual and can speak Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, and English.
- Meena made her debut feature film appearance as a child artist in the Tamil language film Nenjangal in 1982. In 1983, she was cast in her first Telugu language film as Baby Meena in Siripuram Monagadu.
- In 1992, she was cast alongside actor Chunky Pandey in the film Parda Hai Parda.
- Meena has composed, sung, and recorded two pop albums 16 Vayathinile and Kadhalism which she recorded in 2016, with actor Kennedy John Victor better known as Vikram.
- Over the years, Meena has won a number of accolades that include the Cinema Express Award, Nandi Award, Tamil Nadu State Film Award, Filmfare Awards South, and Asianet Film Award.
Featured Image By Silverscreen India / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0