|Tyson Beckford Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tyson Beckford is an American actor and model who is well-recognized as one of the Ralph Lauren Polo models. Given his outstanding modeling background with top-billed brands dominating his list, he has since been dubbed as one of the most successful male supermodels of all time. As an actor, he has made notable appearances in various films and television shows including Boricua’s Bond (2000), Zoolander (2001), Trois 2: Pandora’s Box (2002), My Wife and Kids (2002), Biker Boyz (2003), Half & Half (2003), Gas (2004), Searching for Bobby D (2005), Video on Trial (2005), Kings of the Evening (2007), America’s Next Top Model (2007), Hotel California (2008), Addicted (2014), SWV Reunited (2014), Chocolate City (2015), The Characters (2015), Supermodel (2016), and Huge in France (2019).
Rochester, New York, United States
He attended Pittsford Mendon High School.
- Father – Lloyd Beckford
- Mother – Hillary Dixon Hall
- Sibling – Shanique Beckford (Sister)
Tyson Beckford is represented by –
- ICM Models, Modeling Agency, London United Kingdom
- Soul Artist Management, New York City, United States
- D’management Group, Milan
6 ft or 183 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyson Beckford had dated –
- April Roomet – Tyson Beckford previously dated celebrity stylist April Roomet. The former couple had a son named Jordan Beckford who was born in 1998.
- Foxy Brown (2005)
- Imogen Thomas (2007)
- CariDee English (2008-2010)
- Shanina Shaik (2008-2015)
- Tatyana Ali (2015)
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Asian)
He has Afro-Jamaican ancestry on his mother’s side and a combination of Afro-Jamaican and Chinese-Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side.
- Tall Height
- Thick Eyebrows
Tyson Beckford Facts
- Back in high school, he was often teased about his looks.
- In 1992, Beckford was scouted by Jeff Jones to model for the hip-hop magazine The Source.
- In 1993, he was recruited as the front model for Ralph Lauren‘s Polo line of male sportswear.
- He was dubbed as “Man of the Year” by the cable television music channel VH1 in 1995. Around the same time, he was also included in the list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine.
- He was ranked at #38 of the “40 Hottest Hotties of the ’90s” by VH1.
- In 2003, Beckford guested on ABC’s celebrity reality game show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!.
- In September 2008, he went on to support the “National RESPECT! Campaign”, a campaign fight against domestic violence. Beckford recorded a voice message for its website where he spoke about the value of respect for others.
- He co-hosted the modeling competition Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo alongside Niki Taylor. He was joined by Nicole Trunfio as a mentor to the contestants for the show’s 2nd season. In the first few episodes of the Australian version of the show, he was also a judge and a mentor to the contestants, sharing the roles with model and former Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins.
- In 2012, Beckford joined Fox’s dating game show The Choice.
- Beckford also appears as one of the hosts of the Anglo-Irish version of the hit reality show Next Top Model.
- He is an ambassador for the non-profit organization called Kick 4 Life, an organization that uses the influence and power of soccer to connect the youth in holistic care and support in Lesotho.
Featured Image by Tyson Beckford / Instagram