|Jason O’Mara Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1972|
Jason O’Mara is a famous Irish actor known for his roles in Life on Mars, Justice, Terra Nova, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Vegas. In the DC Animated Movie Universe, he is the voice actor for popular DC Comics‘ superhero Batman. Born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, O’Mara moved to London, England, to pursue his career in acting after graduation. He also appeared in many TV series for both the BBC and ITV. However, his permanent move to the US in 2002 gave him a vast recognition on American and international screens. In 2017, he won the Irish Film and Television Award (IFTA) for “Best Supporting Actor” for his performance as a real-life character of Sgt. Jack Prendergast in The Siege of Jadotville.
Sandycove, Dublin, Ireland
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
He divides his time between Los Angeles and New York as well as visits Ireland frequently.
Jason pursued his BA in Drama and Theatre from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland and later moved to London.
He also went to St Michael’s College, Dublin.
- Father – Stephen O’Mara
- Mother – Veronica O’Mara
- Siblings – Rebecca O’Mara (Younger Sister) (Actress), Stephen James O’Mara (Brother)
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason O’Mara has dated –
- Paige Turco (2003-2017) – In September 2003, Jason married American actress Paige Turco in Old Saybrook, Connecticut in a Roman Catholic ceremony. They were blessed with a baby boy, David in 2004. In May 2017, the couple separated and Paige subsequently filed for divorce in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry.
- Attractive face
- Well defined jawline
Jason O’Mara Favorite Things
- Food – Roast beef with gravy
Source – Facebook
Jason O’Mara Facts
- Growing up as a kid, Jason wasn’t interested in acting and he loved playing rugby. When his neck injury sidelined him, he tried for a school production of The Merchant of Venice during his recovery period and he won the role.
- Jason got American citizenship in 2009.
- O’Mara’s younger sister Rebecca O’Mara is a well-known Irish actress.
- As a child, Jason loved reading Marvel Comics and was very glad to collaborate with them in the movies.
- Back, when he was still married to his wife Paige, Jason loved spending Sundays eating choco-chip pancakes with his son prepared by his then-wife.
- He likes playing soccer, football, and rugby with his son as well as likes NFL and the New York Giants.
- Once Jason watched the entire season of Louie in one flight.
- Besides Los Angeles, he also has homes in Connecticut and New York.
- Although O’Mara is an action heartthrob and plays a tough guy in most films and series, he is really soft at heart and romantic. After dating his then-wife Paige Turco for 9 months, he bought her a ring and they both went to Jamaica. He proposed to her on his knees after a romantic dinner on the pier by the beach.
- Jason is an ambassador for The Lir Academy, Ireland’s National Academy of Dramatic Art at Trinity College Dublin and for the global men’s health charity organization, The Movember Foundation.
- In 2019, he teamed up with Amazon for a charity and his contribution towards the Movember annual event.
Featured Image by Jason O’Mara / Instagram