Lionel Brockman Richie Junior
Lionel Richie, Lionel
Tuskegee, Alabama, USA
Lionel went to Joliet Township High School in East Campus.
After he finished high school, he attended the Tuskegee Institute. He was offered a tennis scholarship, which he accepted. Eventually he dropped out from Tuskegee Institute after his sophomore year, to pursue his musical career.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, instrumentalist
- Father – Lionel Brockman Richie (Joliet Arsenal, Armcom)
- Mother – Alberta R. Foster (Principal at Eliza Kelly Elementary School)
- Siblings – Deborah (Younger Sister)
- Others – Harlow Winter Kate Madden (Granddaughter), Sparrow, James Midnight Madden (Grandson)
Lionel Richie is signed to Lbr Touring Inc.
Soul, R&B, pop rock, pop, soft rock, gospel, country
Vocals, keyboards, piano, saxophone, drums
Island, Mercury, Motown
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
171 lbs or 77 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lionel Richie dated –
- Cynthia Weil – Lionel had an encounter with the American songwriter Cynthia Weil back in the days.
- Brenda Harvey (1974 – 1993) – Lionel commenced dating American girl Brenda Harvey in 1974. On October 28 1975, Lionel and Brenda got married. In 1986, Lionel started a relationship with Diana Alexander despite being married to Brenda. In 1988, Lionel separated from Brenda, as she discovered that Lionel was making out with Alexander in a hotel in Beverly Hills. She broke into the hotel room and found the two lovers together and launched a brutal attack on the duo. She was arrested and charged for assault and spousal abuse on Diana Alexander. Lionel and Brenda separated on August 9, 1993. They adopted a two year old girl Nicole Camille Escovedo from one of the members of Lionel’s band The Commodores. They adopted Nicole legally when she was nine, and raised her as their own daughter.
- Diana Alexander (1986 – 2004) – He started dating Diana Alexander in 1986, while he was still married to Brenda. Lionel married Alexander on December 21 in 1995. Lionel and Diana’s marriage lasted for 9 years and they got divorced in January 2004. Together, they had children, Myles Brockman (born May 27, 1994) and Sofia (born August 26, 1998).
- Bai Ling (2009) – In 2009, Lionel started dating Chinese actress Bai Ling, but their fling lasted for a very short period.
Race / Ethnicity
- His mustache
- Plays tennis very well
- Afro hair
Lionel’s body specifications like chest, arms or biceps, and waist information is not known.
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44.5 (EU)
Lionel has appeared in TV commercials for Pepsi-Cola (1985), Walkers Crisps (2010) and Bud Light CRAN-Brrr-RITA. He also appeared in several TV commercials for Schlitz Beer with The Commodores.
Best Known For
Lionel is known as one of the best-selling artists of all time. He was a singer and saxophonist in the popular band The Commodores.
Lionel’s debut solo album was named Lionel Richie. This album was recorded while Richie was still a member of The Commodores. The album was released in 1982 by Motown Record and it consisted of 9 songs. The total length of the album was 38 minutes and 27 seconds. It includes the singles Truly that topped the Billboard Hot 100, You Are which reached number four at the music char and My Love, which reached number five.
Lionel’s first movie appearance was in 1977. He and the rest of the members of the Commodores were part of the TV movie Scott Joplin as The Minstrel Singers.
First TV Show
Lionel debuted on television with hit series Misery Bear in 2012. He played the character of Barman.
Lionel’s personal trainer is not known.
Lionel Richie Favorite Things
- Food – Duck, plum sauce, sticky ribs
- Songwriter – Bruno Mars
Source – SmartShanghai
Lionel Richie Facts
- Richie wanted to study divinity and become an Episcopalian priest. Eventually he decided that he wasn’t a priest material and he shifted focus on his musical career.
- Richie is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
- On June 20, 2003, Richie was given a star for recording on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Richie was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1994.
- He left The Commodores in 1982.
- Lionel’s albums sold more than 100 million copies worldwide.
- He is a 5-time Grammy Award winner.
- He won an Oscar for Best Original Song for the movie White Nights.
- His grandmother was a classical pianist.
- He has his own website lionelrichie.com.
- You can also check him out on MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.