|Kriti Sanon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kriti Sanon is an Indian actress and model who is known for having been cast in a variety of Hindi films in roles like Saira Singh/Saiba in Raabta, Rashmi Trivedi in Luka Chuppi, Dimpy in Heropanti, Bitti Mishra in Bareilly Ki Barfi, Ishita Malik in Dilwale, Neha Khanna in Pati Patni Aur Woh, Ritu Randhawa in Arjun Patiala, Parvati Bai in Panipat, and Rajkumari Madhu/Kriti in Housefull 4. Despite being an outsider in the industry, she has gained substantial fame with her performances and was also included in Forbes India‘s “Celebrity 100” list of 2019.
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kriti Sanon went to the Delhi Public School, RK Puram.
After completion of her school education, she got enrolled at the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida from where she graduated with a BTech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Father – Rahul Sanon (Chartered Accountant)
- Mother – Geeta Sanon (Professor at the University of Delhi)
- Siblings – Nupur Sanon (Younger Sister)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kriti Sanon has dated –
- Sushant Singh Rajput (2017) – The rumors linking Kriti with actor Sushant Singh Rajput were incessant since the turn of 2017. It was reported that they had grown close while working on the movie, Raabta. Their great chemistry and warm relations during the promotional events of the movie certainly made it seem so. However, Kriti and Sushant have officially maintained that they are just good friends who have amazing on-screen chemistry but the tabloids persisted with their relationship rumors for quite some time even after their denial and even reported that they were holidaying together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Angular face
- Defined jawline
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Kriti Sanon has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Amul Ice Cream
- Parachute Jasmine
- Trident Group’s – Bath & Home Linen
- Tissot’s Quickster Football watch
- Titan Watches-Raga Collection
In January 2017, she was hired to do endorsement work for American Swan. She was roped in with actor Sidharth Malhotra for the promotional campaign.
In 2021, she promoted Fossil Watches on her social media channels.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the leading roles in the romantic drama-comedy, Dilwale. Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, and Varun Dhawan were cast in other leading roles.
- Having played the lead female role opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in the romantic thriller movie, Raabta
In 2014, she made her theatrical film debut in the Telugu psychological thriller, 1: Nenokkadine.
Her Bollywood debut came in the 2014 romantic-action flick, Heropanti. She won the Filmfare award for a best female lead debut.
First TV Show
In 2014, Kriti made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Kriti is very dedicated to her workout routine. She doesn’t miss her workouts, even if it means flying her personal trainer to her outdoor shoots in foreign locations. She has hired Yasmin Karachiwala to train her and she discovered her through YouTube videos and has been working with her since January 2016.
She trains 6 days a week with three days reserved for Pilates and the remaining three for the weight training, and she alternates these two workout routines. Her Pilates sessions usually last for an hour and every time she performs Pilates, Yasmin makes sure that it is a new routine. They use several different machines and props to keep her workout routine interesting.
She sometimes also likes to indulge in boxing sessions once in a while and perform kickboxing workouts. Plus, she regularly attends salsa dance classes when she is in Mumbai.
She starts her day with a glass of warm water with honey mixed in.
Her typical diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – She prefers two pieces of brown bread, two eggs, and a glass of fresh juice. Sometimes she replaces fresh juice with a protein shake.
- Lunch – 2 chapattis, some brown rice, with any vegetable or fish.
- Evening Snack – A cup of boiled corn with a protein shake.
She adds a salad to every meal. Plus, she stays away from fried and spicy food. To flush out toxins, she drinks a cup of green tea two times a day.
Kriti Sanon Favorite Things
- Food – Butter Chicken
- Directors, She Wants to Work With – Imtiaz Ali, Raju Hirani, Vikas Behl, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Karan Johar
- Bollywood Movies – Jab We Met, 3 Idiots, Hum Apke Hain Kaun, and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Hollywood Movie Series – Twilight
- Superhero – Spiderman and Iron Man
- Song – Humma Humma from Bombay movie
Source – Food NDTV, The Talented Indian
Kriti Sanon Facts
- Before finding her feet in the movie industry, she was quite a successful model and had modeled in Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2010, Chennai International Fashion Week, and India International Jewelry Week.
- In 2015, she appeared in the music video of the song Chal Wahan Jaate Hain by Arijit Singh.
- Her clothing line Ms. Taken was launched in September 2016.
- She performed at the opening ceremony of the 2017 Indian Premier League.
- She brought to life the character of Bitti Mishra, a tomboyish girl in Bareilly, in the 2017 romantic comedy film, Bareilly Ki Barfi, in which she co-starred alongside Ayushmann Khurrana and Rajkummar Rao.
- Alongside Kartik Aaryan, Aparshakti Khurana, and Pankaj Tripathi, she co-starred as Rashmi Trivedi in the 2019 Hindi-language romantic comedy film, Luka Chuppi. For this role, she won the Star Plus Baat Nayi Award at the 2019 Star Screen Awards and was nominated for the 2020 Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor – Female”.
- She made a special appearance in the 2020 Hindi-language comedy-drama film, Angrezi Medium, starring Irrfan Khan, Radhika Madan, Deepak Dobriyal, and Kareena Kapoor Khan. This was Irrfan’s final film to be released before his death.
- In December 2020, she was tested positive for coronavirus after she had returned to Mumbai from Chandigarh where she was shooting for a film.
- In September 2021, Kriti had purchased a Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4Matic car, worth INR 2.43 crore (ex-showroom) in a single-tone blue paint color scheme. Arjun Kapoor had bought the same car in September 2021 and Ranveer Singh in July 2021.
- During Agenda AajTak 2021, Kriti revealed that before trying her luck as an actress in the film industry, she had kept her GMAT score as a career backup (which at that time was valid for 5 years) in case she couldn’t make it to be a successful actress.
- In December 2021, Kriti had rented Amitabh Bachchan‘s duplex apartment for 2 years for INR 10 lakhs per month. She had paid INR 60 lakhs as a security deposit for this 5184-sq ft duplex which has 4 car parking lots.
- At the IIFA awards 2022, Kriti Sanon won the Best Actress award for her appearance in the 2021 film Mimi.
- In 2022, Kriti expressed her desire to appear in her own ‘swayamwar’ (where she would be able to choose her own life partner for marriage). As participants, she would like to have actors Vijay Devarakonda, Kartik Aaryan, Aditya Roy Kapur, and even Hollywood actor Ryan Gosling.
- Kriti won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Mimi at the 67th Filmfare Awards held in 2022.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0