|Radhika Madan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Radhika Madan is an Indian actress and TV star. She became a household name after playing the role of Ishaani in Ekta Kapoor‘s popular television show, Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi.
She has a home in Delhi and a flat in Juhu, Mumbai.
- Father – Sujit Madan (Businessman)
- Mother – Neeru Madan (Painter)
- Siblings – Arjun Madan (Older Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madan has dated –
- Ishan Arya (2015)
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘reddish-brown’.
- Glowing skin
- Thick eyebrows
- Tomboy attitude
Madan has endorsed brands such as ELLE.
Radhika Madan Favorite Things
- Movie – Jab We Met (2007)
- Hobbies – Dancing, Choreographing
- TV Shows – Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, S*x and the City
- Pastime – Working out at the gym
- Look – Natural, Makeup-free
- Attitude – To be honest and original and believe in one’s own self, without competing with anyone
Radhika Madan Facts
- Before becoming famous, Madan was a dance teacher at a famous Delhi-based dance academy.
- She made her television debut as the lead role of Ishaani opposite actor Shakti Arora in the show, Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, which ran on Colors TV from 2014 to 2016.
- In 2015, she received the Zee Gold Award for the “Best Debut Actress.”
- She took part in Season 8 of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2015.
- In 2018, Madan made her debut in the movies with Vishal Bhardwaj‘s comedy-drama Pataakha and received nominations for her performance such as “Best Debut (Female)” and “Best Actress (Critics)” at the Filmfare awards. The film’s story was based on two women in Rajasthan and Madan stayed in Ronsi village near Jaipur to learn the local dialect. During the stay, she got used to everyday tasks of villagers there like milking buffaloes, thatching the roofs, putting cow dung on the walls, and walking long distances while balancing ‘matkas’ on the head and around the waist.
- Madan had to put on 10 kgs of weight for her role in the film Pataakha.
- In 2019, she starred in Vasan Bala’s action-comedy film Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. The movie premiered in the “Midnight Madness” segment of the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival and bagged the People’s Choice Midnight Madness Award. The movie was also shown at the 2018 MAMI Film Festival where it was praised highly.
- Madan has said that she wanted to play a role in the movie Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota because of its unique script.
- In the movie Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota, Madan did all the stunts herself. She watched classic action films for many days in order to learn and get accustomed to the genre. Her focus did not waver when she got injured during physical training. She was on a strict diet and a daily workout schedule.
- It has been noted that Madan delivers superb performances which are possible due to her determination and talent; her action sequences, in particular, have been known to be outstanding.
- Madan’s character Ishaani in Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi is of an introverted, well-mannered girl. However, in real life, Madan’s disposition is quite the opposite and she is talkative and mischievous by nature.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Bollywood Hungama.com / CC BY-3.0