|Anjali Pichai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1971|
Anjali Pichai is an Indian chemical engineer, best known as the wife of Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai. Anjali was well-known in her own right prior to that, having worked for the company Accenture as a business analyst between 1999 and 2002. She later took the job as a Business Operations Manager at the software company Intuit.
First Lady of Google
Kota, Rajasthan, India
Los Altos Hills, California, United States
Anjali attended the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering in 1993.
- Father – Olaram Haryani (Former Employee at the Government Polytechnic College, Kota)
- Mother – Madhuri Sharma
- Siblings – Amit Haryani (Brother)
- Others – Regunatha Pichai (Father-in-Law), Lakshmi Pichai (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anjali Pichai has dated –
- Sundar Pichai (1989-Present) – She met Sundar Pichai, best known as the CEO of Google, during the 1st year of study at the Indian Institute of Technology. He proposed to her during their senior year of college in 1989 but moved to the United States to pursue his master’s degree. During their engagement, they went through a period of half a year of not talking at all because of the high cost of international phone calls. After he asked Anjali’s parents for her hand in marriage, she moved to the United States as well and they tied the knot. Sundar and Anjali have 2 children, a daughter named Kavya and a son named Kiran.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide nose tip
Anjali Pichai Facts
- She and her family have a dog named Jeffree.
- Her husband’s friends nicknamed him Chhupa Rustam, which translates to ‘A Dark Horse’. It signifies a person who never tells other people about their thoughts and skills and then surprises them. The reason for that – no one knew he was dating Anjali for years until he proposed to her in 1989 before leaving for the United States.
- Anjali and Sundar decided to settle in Los Altos Hills permanently in 2014 when they bought a property worth $6 million. An architect Robert Swatt designed their home that spanned on an area of around 10k square feet and had an 800 square feet garage.
- She was the one that convinced Sundar to take the CEO position at Google in 2015. He contemplated leaving the company due to lucrative CEO offers from Yahoo, Twitter, and Microsoft.
- In 2018, her son Kiran still didn’t have a phone. However, she and Sundar allowed him computer access and he even tried out mining a cryptocurrency named Ethereum to make money.
Featured Image by Siksha / chotayahoo.blogspot.com