|Pankaj Tripathi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1976|
Pankaj Tripathi is an Indian actor known for his roles in films like Gangs of Wasseypur, Masaan, Stree, Gurgaon, Newton, and many more. He is known to be a natural actor and has impressed the audience various times with his impeccable performance as a gangster in various films and a web show named Mirzapur. He has also earned a National Award-Special Mention for his film Newton that went for the Academy Awards as well. Pankaj has also acted in TV series like Bahubali, Powder, and Gulaal. He is still considered to be the most down-to-earth actor and one of the finest in this day and age.
Pankaj Kumar Tripathi
Gopalganj, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He completed his education from Patna and went onto complete his graduation from the Institute of Hotel Management, Hajipur. He is also an alumnus of the National School of Drama and graduated in 2004.
- Father – Pandit Banaras Tripathi (Farmer, Priest)
- Mother – Hemwanti Devi
- Siblings – He has 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pankaj has dated –
- Mridula Tripathi (2004-Present) – Pankaj and Mridula got married in 2004 and they have a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He has endorsed brands like –
- Policy Bazaar
- Tata Sky
- Tata Tea
- Star Plus
Pankaj Tripathi Favorite Things
- Colors – White, Black, Green
- Street Food – Bhooja
- Hobbies – Travelling
- Movies – Paan Singh Tomar, Maqbool, Teesri Kasam
- Cuisine – Indian, South Indian, Mughlai, Chinese
- Holiday Destination – Himalayas
Source – YouTube
Pankaj Tripathi Facts
- His father is known to be a very religious man.
- He was a member of the RSS in his childhood.
- He got inclined to act in his childhood when he performed at the chhath festival in his village.
- His father wanted him to become a doctor.
- He was very active in theatre during his college days.
- Pankaj made his debut in the film Run in 2004 in an uncredited role.
- He was an active student leader in college.
- He worked as a cook in Patna for almost 2 years.
- His wife was a teacher in Goregaon.
- He made his TV debut in 2010 with the show, Gulaal.
- While shooting for Gulaal, he received a call for the audition of Gangs of Wasseypur.
- His works in films like Maanjhi, Masaan, and Fukrey were also widely appreciated.
- He used to help his father till the 11th standard.
- He played the role of a girl in his village plays.
- Pankaj is a huge admirer of Manoj Bajpayee.
- He also went to jail once during his college days.
- He was a part of Bihar theatre for almost 2 years.
- Before joining NSD, he was rejected by the institute 2 times.
- He has been a part of films like Apaharan (2005), Dharm (2007), Mithya (2008), Shaurya (2008), and Chintu Ji (2009).
- His audition for Gangs of Wasseypur went on for 8 hours.
- He made his Tamil debut in 2018 with the film Kaala.
- In his earlier days in the industry, he was synonymous with gangster characters.
- His first lead film as an actor was Gurgaon which was released in 2017.
- He is such a huge fan of Manoj Bajpayee that once Manoj Bajpayee was staying in a hotel where he worked and had forgotten his slippers. Pankaj kept those slippers with him as a memory of his senior.
- In October 2022, Pankaj was declared the ‘National Icon’ by the Election Commission of India.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0