|Kartik Aaryan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1990|
Kartik Aaryan is an Indian film actor best known for playing the role of Rajat in Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011), Anshul in Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), and Sonu in Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018). Coming from a small town, he has made it high in the film industry with his film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety becoming one of the highest grossing films of 2018. Kartik has a strong growing fan base and has amassed more than 5 million followers on Instagram.
Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kartik attended the D Y Patil College of Engineering in Navi Mumbai to pursue engineering in biotechnology.
- Father – Manish Tiwari (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Mala Tiwari (Gynecologist)
- Siblings – Kritika Tiwari (Sister) (Doctor)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kartik has dated –
- Nushrat Bharucha – Kartik was rumored to be dating his Pyaar Ka Punchnama 1 and 2 costar Nushrat. The duo has co-starred in more than one film and their chemistry has often raised eyebrows.
- Dimple Sharma – Kartik was in a relationship with an Indo-Canadian model Dimple Sharma and the couple was often spotted together on dinner dates. However, none of them made their relationship public during their time together.
- Janhvi Kapoor (2020-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
- Triangular facial structure
- Light stubble
Kartik is the brand ambassador for brands like Emami Fair And Handsome and Envy1000.
He has also appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Park Avenue
- Imperial Blue
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Rajat in the 2011 romcom Pyaar Ka Punchnama, Anshul in the 2015 romcom Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, and Sonu in the 2018 comedy film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
Kartik made his theatrical film debut in Pyaar Ka Punchnama as Rajat in 2011.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on the celebrity talk show The Kapil Sharma Show in 2017.
As per an interview in 2016, Kartik said that he preferred functional training rather than going to the gym every day. He also indulged in martial arts training to keep himself fit.
Kartik also laid stress on a balanced diet for a fit body. He was mostly having a salad for dinner and tried to stay away from fast foods.
Kartik Aaryan Favorite Things
- Actor – Shahrukh Khan
Source – Instagram
Kartik Aaryan Facts
- Growing up, Kartik indulged in martial arts in his hometown Gwalior.
- Kartik wanted to pursue a career in acting but could not tell his parents about his dream as he was scared that they won’t be supportive.
- He got admission in a college in Mumbai and started modeling along with the college.
- In his college days, he used to bunk college and used to travel for 2 hours to be at the auditions. After auditioning for 3 years and failing, he decided to join an acting course in Kreating Charakters, an acting institute in Mumbai, India.
- He got to know about the auditions for Pyaar Ka Punchnama through a Facebook wall post and applied straight away.
- Kartik was rejected in the 1st audition that he gave for Pyaar Ka Punchnama.
- In an interview, he said that during his college days he could not afford a portfolio so he asked the Pyaar Ka Punchnama auditioning team to give him the pictures they had clicked of him. He was again asked to audition.
- The audition process for his 1st film went on for almost 6 months before he was given a proper contract for the film.
- It was only after signing the 1st film that he told his parents about his seriousness for acting and his parents were supportive although his mother always thought of acting as gambling.
- During the shooting process of Pyaar Ka Punchnama, Kartik moved into a rented apartment in Mumbai with 12 more boys as the rent was very high.
- His first film was very well received at the box office but his 2nd film flipped. Later, he was scouted by director Subhash Ghai for his next film, Kaanchi: The Unbreakable.
- He launched the first H&M store in Ahmedabad along with Bollywood actress Diana Penty in May 2018.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0