|Janhvi Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Janhvi Kapoor is an Indian actress who is the daughter of Sridevi and Boney Kapoor and has worked in the Indian film industry. She made her acting debut by playing the role of Parthavi Singh Rathore in Dhadak and this performance won her a Zee Cine Award for “Best Female Debut” while she was also nominated for Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut”. Since her debut, Janhvi Kapoor has been cast in various other roles which include playing Gunjan Saxena in Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Sameera in Ghost Stories, and Roohi Arora/ Afzana Bedi in Roohi.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Janhvi Kapoor went to the Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai.
To hone her acting skills, she got enrolled at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in Los Angeles.
Actress, Instagram Star
- Father – Boney Kapoor (Film Producer)
- Mother – Sridevi (Actress, Film Producer) (Died in February 2018)
- Siblings – Khushi Kapoor (Younger Sister), Anshula Kapoor (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Arjun Kapoor (Older Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Surinder Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Producer), Anil Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sonam Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Rhea Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Film Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Ayyapan (Maternal Grandfather), Rajeswari (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janhvi Kapoor has dated –
- Shikhar Pahariya (2016) – In the last months of 2016, Janhvi Kapoor was reported to be going out with Shikhar Pahariya. They had been spotted getting cozy on a couple of occasions. In November, they made their first public appearance together at Shah Rukh Khan‘s Dear Zindagi screening.
- Akshat Rajan (2016-2017) – Towards the end of 2017, Janhvi was reported to be dating Akshat Rajan, who happened to be a close friend of hers. They had been spotted together at a number of family events organized by Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ishaan Khatter (2017) – In the early months of 2017, Janhvi was linked with Ishaan Khatter, the younger brother of actor Shahid Kapoor. They had been spotted together at many parties and public events, including the screening of Baywatch. In May 2017, Ishaan had reportedly ended their relationship with his brother’s advice. However, they were still spotted together even after the breakup rumors.
- Kartik Aaryan (2020-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Punjabi ancestry and on her mother’s side, she has Telugu and Tamil ancestry.
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of Boney Kapoor and Sridevi
- Her popularity on various social media websites. She has more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Janhvi Kapoor made her theatrical film debut as the female lead in the 2018 drama film Dhadak, opposite Ishaan Khattar.
Janhvi Kapoor regularly hits the gym to keep her body toned. She especially pays special attention to her core muscles in her workouts. She has also hired a personal trainer to get the most out of her workouts.
Janhvi Kapoor Facts
- In November 2017, she unveiled the first look of her debut movie, Dhadak.
- In 2017, it was rumored that she was offered a role opposite legendary Mahesh Babu but she decided to turn the opportunity down.
- It was reported that her mother didn’t want her to get into acting.
- She played the titular role in the 2020 Hindi-language biographical drama film, Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, in which she co-starred alongside Pankaj Tripathi and Angad Bedi.
- In 2020, she had purchased a new house in Juhu, Mumbai worth 39 crores. It was a 3,456 square foot house spread across the 14th, 15th, and 16th floors of the building. Reportedly, Rs 78 lakhs was paid as stamp duty.
- She once lied to her father Boney that she was going for a movie but had instead taken a flight from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and returned back in the morning. Janhvi revealed all this on Kareena Kapoor‘s chat show What Women Want in January 2021.
Featured Image by Janhvi Kapoor / Instagram