Daniela Sofia Korn Ruah
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Daniela Ruah went to the Saint Julian’s School in the Greater Lisbon locality.
She then enrolled herself at the London Metropolitan University to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in performing arts.
In 2007, she started studying at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Father – Moisés Carlos Bentes Ruah (Surgeon)
- Mother – Katharina Lia Azancot Korn (Otologist)
- Siblings – Mark Alexander Sechter Ruah (Step Brother)
- Others – Tany Sechter Ruah (Step Mother)
Daniela Ruah is represented by The Gersh Agency NY.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Daniela Ruah has dated –
- António Pedro Cerdeira (2007-2008) – Daniela started going out with actor António Pedro Cerdeira after working together in the Portuguese TV show, Tu e Eu. Their relationship ended after ten months as they couldn’t make their long distance relationship work after Daniela had moved to New York City to study at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Robert Kazinsky (2010-2011) – Daniela started dating English actor Robert Kazinsky in 2010 after having grown closer while working in George Lucas movie Red Tails (2012). They went out for more than a year before going their separate ways.
- David Paul Olsen (2011-Present) – Daniela met David Olsen, who is a stunt double and older brother of her NCIS: Los Angeles co-star Eric Christian Olsen in 2011. After suffering a miscarriage, Daniela gave birth to a son, River Isaac Ruah Olsen in December 2013. They decided to make their relationship formal by getting married in June 2014 in an interfaith wedding ceremony in Cascais. David and Daniela welcomed their second child, a girl, Sierra Esther Ruah Olsen in September 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Portuguese-Jewish descent whereas her mother has Russian, Portuguese, Ukrainian-Jewish ancestry.
Her one eye color is ‘Black,’ whereas other is ‘Brown.’
- Different colored eyes
- Tall and athletic figure
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
Daniela has done several TV adverts for the haircare giant, Pantene, and has also starred in the promotional campaign for Portuguese water company, Agua Das Pedras.
Best Known For
Starring as a Special Agent Kensi Blye in the CBS series, NCIS: Los Angeles.
Daniela Ruah made her first film appearance in Portuguese short film Canaviais for her role as Margarida in 2006.
First TV Show
Ruah made her TV debut in Portuguese soap opera Jardins Proibidos in 2000 for her role as Sara.
Daniela Ruah’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Daniela Ruah Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Daniela Ruah Facts
- In 2005, she became the first winner of the RTP’s dance reality show, We Dance, which is the Portuguese version of “Dancing with the Stars” show.
- The difference in her eye color is due to a birthmark called Nevo de Ota in the right eye. The birthmark has covered a part of her Iris, which lead to the change in color.
- Daniela was included in the list compiled by the Esquire Magazine comprising of the “Sexiest Women Alive” in 2011.
- Daniela started her acting career at the age of 16.
- She lived in US until the age of 5 before her parents moved back to Portugal.
- Connect with Daniela Ruah on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.