|Patralekha Paul Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1989|
Patralekha Paul is an Indian actor who has been cast in projects such as CityLights, Bose:Dead/Alive, Forbidden Love, Nanu Ki Jaanu, Badnaam Gali, Love Games, Cheers, and Mai Hero Boll Raha Hu.
Shillong, Meghalaya, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Patralekha Paul studied at The Assam Valley School (informally Assam Valley School or AVS), a boarding school. Later, she graduated from Bishop Cotton Girls’ School, a private all-girls school for boarders and day scholars in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Afterward, she attended the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics located in Churchgate, Mumbai. She also attended the Film and Television Institute of India located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Father – He was a chartered accountant.
- Mother – Papri Paul (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Parnalekha Paul (Sister), Agnish Paul (Brother)
5 ft 2½ in or 158.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patralekha Paul has dated –
- Rajkummar Rao (2010-Present) – She met actor Rajkummar Rao while they were both studying at the Film and Television Institute of India. The duo started dating in the year 2010 and they also co-starred in the 2014 drama film CityLights, her debut film. On November 13, 2021, they got engaged in Chandigarh in a pre-wedding celebration. On November 14, 2021, the couple got married in Chandigarh in a traditional Indian wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
Patralekha Paul is of Bengali descent.
- Prominent nose
- Charming smile
She has done endorsement work for brands like Blackberry and Tata Docomo.
Patralekha Paul Facts
- Her father wanted her to follow in his footsteps but she was interested in acting.
- Her grandmother was a poet.
- Patralekha Paul made her theatrical film debut by playing Rakhi Singh, the ever-supporting wife of Deepak Singh, in the 2014 drama film CityLights. The film is a remake of the BAFTA-nominated British crime drama film Metro Manila (2013). She co-starred in the film alongside Rajkummar Rao.
- Her performance in CityLights won her the Star Screen Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Female” in 2015.
- Alongside Tara Alisha Berry and Gaurav Arora, Patralekha Paul co-starred as Ramona Raichand, an edgy and adventurous woman, in the 2016 erotic thriller film Love Games.
- In 2017, she was cast as Nandani in the historical drama streaming television miniseries Bose: Dead/Alive, based on the 2012 book India’s Biggest Cover-up by activist Anuj Dhar.
- Patralekha played Siddhi (Jaanu) in the 2018 Hindi-language horror comedy film Nanu Ki Jaanu, a remake of the 2014 Tamil movie Pisaasu.
- In 2019, she appeared as Nayonika (Nayan) in the comedy film Badnaam Gali.
- Alongside Parth Samthaan, Patralekha Paul co-starred as Laila in the Hindi-language gangster-thriller web series Mai Hero Boll Raha Hu in 2021.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0