|Shazad Latif Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shazad Latif is a British actor, voice actor, and producer who is known for his roles like playing Tariq Masood in Spooks, Ash Tyler/Voq in Star Trek: Discovery, Dr. Henry Jekyll in Penny Dreadful, Clem Fandango in Toast of London, and Kylan (voice) in The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. He has also been cast in many other shows and movies which include The Man Who Knew Infinity, The Pursuit of Love, The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Profile, The Commuter, Falling for Figaro, The Silence, Fresh Meat, Comedy Lab, Salting the Battlefield, Black Mirror, Silk, Jo, My Mad Fat Diary, Ordinary Lies, and Departure.
Shazad Latif, Javid Iqbal
London, England, United Kingdom
Shazad Latif attended Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, a drama school located in Bristol, England. He left the school a year early in order to take up his role in the spy drama series Spooks.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Javed Iqbal (Cab Driver)
- Mother – She has worked as a cleaner.
Shazad Latif has been signed with –
- Lou Coulson Associates Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- The Joneses Voice Agency, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Shazad Latif is of Pakistani descent on his father’s side and has English and Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Often sports long hair and beard
Shazad Latif Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Tufnell Park, North London.
- During his time at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Shazad Latif performed in many stage productions like King Lear (playing Cornwall) and Richard Sheridan’s comedy titled School for Scandal (playing Joseph Surface).
- He portrayed the character of Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis (an Indian scientist and statistician) in the 2015 biographical drama film The Man Who Knew Infinity, starring Dev Patel, Jeremy Irons, Toby Jones, Stephen Fry, and others.
- Shazad Latif played the recurring role of Henry Jekyll / Hyde (a chemist and college friend of Victor Frankenstein) in the gothic horror drama television series Penny Dreadful in 2016.
- From 2017 to 2019, he was cast as Ash Tyler/Voq in the sci-fi adventure drama series Star Trek: Discovery. His co-stars for the project included Sonequa Martin-Green, Anthony Rapp, Mary Wiseman, Jason Isaacs, Wilson Cruz, Anson Mount, David Ajala, and Tig Notaro.
- Shazad was seen as Ali Basra (Madelyn Strong’s boyfriend) in the 2019 suspense drama television series Departure.
- In 2021, he co-starred as Alfred Wyncham/Wincham in the romance drama television miniseries The Pursuit of Love.
- He appeared as Charlie in the 2021 romantic comedy film Falling for Figaro, starring Joanna Lumley, Danielle Macdonald, and Hugh Skinner.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0