|Hugh Skinner Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1985|
Hugh Skinner is an English actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who is known for having been cast in a variety of television projects in roles such as Will Humphries in the mockumentary sitcom series W1A, Wills in the parody sitcom series The Windsors, Sir George Howard in the period-drama series Harlots, Hugo Cavendish-Smyth in the drama series Little Birds, Harry in the comedy-drama series Fleabag, Felix Clare in the historical romantic drama miniseries Tess of the d’Urbervilles, Dr. Barnaby Ford in the BBC One drama series Our Zoo, Unwin Trevaunance in the historical drama series Poldark, and Lionel Mountstuart in the drama show Any Human Heart. In addition to that, the actor has also been a part of various movies including Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Les Misérables, Kill Your Friends, Zog, Zog and the Flying Doctors, The Invitation, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Hampstead, Falling for Figaro, and The Wipers Times.
Hugh William Skinner
London, England, United Kingdom
From 1998 to 2003, Hugh Skinner studied at Eastbourne College. Afterward, he attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) and graduated in 2006.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
Hugh Skinner has been signed with Sue Terry Voices, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
In 2018, he said, “I feel like if I talk about being gay I have to say something and I don’t know what to say other than that just is my life and I haven’t got anything very interesting to say about it. It just is”.
Hugh Skinner Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in London and Tunbridge Wells.
- When he was 4 years old, he lived in Perth, Australia for a year.
- Hugh Skinner made his first theatrical film appearance as Joly (one of the student revolutionaries) in the 2012 epic period musical film Les Misérables, starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Helena Bonham Carter, and Sacha Baron Cohen.
- In 2016, Skinner started to portray the character of Prince William “Wills” in the sitcom The Windsors. The show is a parody of the British royal family (the House of Windsor).
- He played the role of Lord Unwin Trevaunance (an aspiring Member of Parliament) in the historical drama television series Poldark in 2016.
- From 2016 to 2019, Hugh Skinner was cast in the supporting role of Harry (Fleabag’s ex-boyfriend) in the black comedy-drama television series Fleabag. The critically-acclaimed series is created and written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
- He brought to life the character of Young Harry Bright in the 2018 British-American jukebox musical romantic comedy film Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, the sequel to the 2008 film Mamma Mia!.
- In 2021, Hugh Skinner appeared as Max Thistlewaite in the romantic comedy film Falling for Figaro.
- Alongside Nathalie Emmanuel, Thomas Doherty, Stephanie Corneliussen, Alana Boden, and Sean Pertwee, Skinner co-starred as Oliver Alexander in the 2022 horror thriller film The Invitation.
- As a theatre artist, he has been cast in productions of Senora Carrar’s Rifles, You Can’t Take It With You, The Cherry Orchard, The Trial, French Without Tears, Thérèse Raquin, Where’s My Seat, The Enchantment, Angry Young Man, Wild Oats, American Psycho, and The Great Game.
- Hugh Skinner has been friends with Jonathan Bailey.
Featured Image by MTV International / YouTube / CC BY 3.0