|Thomas Doherty Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|April 21, 1995
Thomas Doherty is a Scottish actor and singer who has appeared in shows and movies in roles like Sean Matthews in The Lodge, Peter Zavadovsky in Catherine the Great, Maximus Wolfe in Gossip Girl, Harry Hook in the Descendants film franchise, Liam Shawcross in High Fidelity, Sebastian in Legacies, and Zander in High Strung: Free Dance.
Thomas Anthony Doherty
Thomas Doherty studied at Royal High School in Edinburgh and then graduated from The MGA Academy of Performing Arts in Edinburgh in 2015.
He has also taken dance lessons in contemporary, hip hop, jazz, and ballet.
- Father – Has worked in the banking sector
- Mother – Has worked in the banking sector
- Siblings – Rachel Doherty (Younger Sister) (Dancer), Niall Doherty (Older Brother) (Soccer Player)
Thomas Doherty has been represented by –
- Olivia Bell Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- Colours Agency
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Doherty has dated –
- Dove Cameron (2016-2020) – Thomas Doherty started dating actress and singer Dove Cameron after they got really cozy while shooting for the TV movie, Descendants 2 in 2016. After the shooting of the movie wrapped up, Thomas even gave her a customized bracelet which had a heart-shaped pendant with Chlo (the nickname he used for her) written on it. She confirmed their relationship in February 2017. After dating for 4 years, the couple separated in October 2020.
- Andra Gogan (2017) – Rumor
- Yasmin Wijnaldum (2021-Present) – In March 2021, Thomas had started dating Dutch model Yasmin Wijnaldum. They were spotted getting cozy in New York.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish and Irish origin.
- Chiseled jaw
- Blue eyes
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Harry Hook in Descendants 2
- Being cast in the Disney television musical series, The Lodge
In 2016, he made his film debut by starring in a short film The First Time.
First TV Show
In 2013, Thomas was first seen in an episode of the horror drama series Dracula as street boy #2.
Thomas Doherty loves to workout. To keep his ripped physique in great shape, he regularly trains at the Equinox fitness clubs in Los Angeles or London.
His workout sessions are comprised of intense cardio sessions followed by strength training exercises, which are done at high intensity and with high rep volume. The core work also forms an important part of his workout routine.
He also likes to go for yoga sessions.
Thomas Doherty Facts
- After graduating from The MGA Academy of Performing Arts, he worked as a waiter at an Edinburgh-based restaurant.
- While growing up, he played a lot of soccer and until 17, soccer was his preferred career choice along with acting.
- From 2016 to 2017, Thomas Doherty brought to life the character of Sean Matthews, a worker at the North Star who enjoys mountain biking, in the Disney Channel musical mystery drama television series, The Lodge, in which he co-starred alongside Sophie Simnett, Luke Newton, and others.
- He was named one of the 50 hottest boys in the world by Vogue magazine in August 2017.
- Thomas has been cast as Max Wolfe in the teen drama television series, Gossip Girl, a sequel and soft reboot of the television series Gossip Girl (2007-2012).
- Between 2019 and 2020, he played the recurring role of Sebastian, an over-600-year-old vampire who died as a teen, in the American fantasy drama television series, Legacies, a spin-off of The Originals which features characters from both that series and its predecessor i.e. The Vampire Diaries.
- Thomas Doherty was cast as Pyotr Zavadovsky, Catherine’s private secretary and lover, in the 4-part British-American miniseries, Catherine the Great.
- While growing up, he had done many odd jobs such as that of a paperboy, maid, worked in a call center, TJ Maxx, and American Hollister. He also worked at a gay bar because he couldn’t be successful in finding a job at a standard bar due to insufficient experience.
- In August 2021, during an interview, he revealed that he was previously tested positive for COVID-19.