|Cassie Ventura Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cassie Ventura is an American singer, songwriter, model, actress, and dancer who released her debut self-titled album on August 8, 2006, and has also released tracks and mixtapes including Must Be Love (ft. Puff Daddy), Love a Loser (ft. G-Eazy), Let’s Get Crazy (ft. Akon), The Boys (with Nicki Minaj), King of Hearts, Long Way 2 Go, Me & U, Official Girl (ft. Lil Wayne), Don’t Play It Safe, and RockaByeBaby. Apart from her musical pursuits, she has been cast in roles in shows and movies such as playing Elise in Spenser Confidential, Eva in The Perfect Match, Sophie Donovan in Step Up 2: The Streets, Melea Martin in Honey 3: Dare to Dance, and Haven Quinn in Empire.
Casandra Elizabeth Ventura
New London, Connecticut, United States
Cassie Ventura attended a preparatory school, Williams School in New London, Connecticut. She finished her schooling in 2004. Cassie did not pursue her college education; instead moved to New York to learn dancing and do modeling assignments.
Model, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress
- Father – Filipino ancestry
- Mother – Stacey Hobson (African-American and Mexican ethnicity)
- Siblings – Rod Ventura (Brother)
- Others – Henry Kydd (Maternal Grandfather), Ernest Ferdinand Kydd (Maternal Great Grandfather), Emmeline Rogers (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Cassie has been signed to these modeling agencies –
- Wilhelmina Models
- One Management
She has also been represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
R&B, contemporary R&B, pop, hip hop soul
Bad Boy Records, EMPIRE
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cassie has dated –
- Ryan Leslie (2004-2007) – She started dating Ryan Leslie in October 2002. Due to him, she started her career in singing that year. Ryan also signed her to NextSelection Lifestyle Group. He produced Cassie’s debut album. After dating for a long time, the duo finally separated in March 2007.
- Sean Combs (2006-2018) – Cassie was signed by Sean “Diddy” Combs to his Bad Boy Records and there were rumors of the two dating one another. There was even an engagement buzz between the couple in August 2012. But, both of them denied the rumors. Diddy’s wife Hylton-Brim was happy for Cassie and Diddy as reported by Christian Post. They kept their relationship very low profile and secretly ended their relationship in 2018 which came to public knowledge in October 2018.
- Alex Fine (2018-Present) – In 2018, Cassie started dating celebrity personal trainer and bull rider, Alex Fine. She uploaded her pictures with Alex on the internet in December 2018 in Diddy’s response (when he had sent his pictures to Cassie). The couple announced their engagement in August 2019. On August 28, 2019, the couple got married. The couple has 1 child together, daughter Frankie (b. December 6, 2019). In December 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. Their daughter, Sunny Cinco Fine was born on March 22, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian, Black, and Hispanic)
She is of Filipino descent on her father’s side and African-Vincentian, African-Anguillan, and Mexican descent on her mother’s side.
- Edgy style
- The icy and robotic tone in her songs
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU) or 24.5 (JP)
She has modeled for various local departmental stores, Delia (for their fashion catalog), Seventeen magazine, Calvin Klein one, Adidas, Clean and Clear, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
Cassie was the face of the Asos 2013 Spring collection.
Best Known For
The hit single “Me & U”, written and produced by Ryan Leslie and recorded by Cassie. This was among the top three hit singles of the Billboard 200. It became a major hit in 2006.
Cassie released her debut album titled Cassie on August 8, 2006. It charted at #4 in the Billboard US 200 and received a fairly good response. A total of 321,000 copies of the album were sold. The album also contains one of the hit singles of 2006 “Me & U”.
Cassie debuted into acting with the 2008 film Step Up 2: The Streets for her role as Sophie Donovan, Chase’s ex-girlfriend.
Cassie Ventura Facts
- She started her modeling career at the age of 14.
- She was the face of the ASOS 2013 Spring collection.
- Cassie began her career in 2002 after meeting the record producer Ryan Leslie.
- Kate Moss is her style influencer.
- Cassie’s music influences include the late Aaliyah, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, La Lupe, Madonna, Nine Inch Nails, and Stevie Wonder.
- She is a huge fan of Janet Jackson and has said, “I’d love to emulate Janet Jackson’s career—totally, Janet Jackson is an incredible and fantastic, from her moves to her voice”.
- She was also the face of Summer 2013 Forever 21 collection.
- She appeared as Elise in the 2020 action comedy film, Spenser Confidential, an adaptation of the 2013 novel Robert B. Parker’s Wonderland by author Ace Atkins.