Anson Adams Mount IV
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
Anson Mount went to the Dickson County High School and graduated in 1991.
He then got admission at the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee to graduate in 1995.
He later got enrolled at the Columbia University in New York City and graduated in 1998 with an MFA in Theatre.
He also took acting classes at Michael Howard Studios in New York City as part of his study curriculum at the University of the South.
- Father – Anson Adams Mount II (Served as a contributing sports editor to Playboy Magazine)
- Mother – Nancy Smith (Former Professional Golfer)
- Siblings – Anson Adams III (Older Paternal Brother), Kristin Mount (Half-Sister), Elizabeth Mount (Half-Sister)
Anson Mount is represented by Brookside Artist Management.
6 ft or 183 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anson Mount has dated
- Famke Janssen – Anson has dated actress Famke Janssen in the past. They were in a relationship for about a decade. They were also reported to have engaged on numerous occasions. The rumors of them secretly getting married also did rounds.
- Darah – Going by his Instagram feed, Anson Mount is in a relationship with a woman named Darah. He has images of her and they together littered around in his feed. Going by the bio on her Instagram page, they are set to get married pretty soon. They had got engaged in July 2017 and he announced good news with an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dashing good looks
- Has touch of gray hair in his beard and hair
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Anson Mount was seen in a car advertisement in 2003.
When it comes to religion, he is a relativist.
He believes that every religion is an equal path to God.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Cullen Bohannon in the western drama TV series, Hell on Wheels.
- Being cast in the important role of superhero Black Bolt in the action drama series, Inhumans.
- Having made guest appearances in popular TV series such as S*x and The City, CSI: Miami, and Law & Order.
In 2000, Anson made his film debut in the role of Toby Belcher in the thriller movie, Urban Legends: Final Cut.
First TV Show
In 1999, Anson made his first TV show appearance in the Civil War episode of the comedy-drama series, Ally McBeal.
Anson keeps himself fit by going for a run regularly. To make sure that he doesn’t miss out on his daily running sessions, he listens to chapters from Stephen King’s novels. So, even if he is feeling sore or has a busy schedule, the temptation of listening to his favorite fiction work entices him to go out.
Also, every year, he completes long distance relays with his close friends. These races take about 27 to 28 hours to complete.
Anson Mount Favorite Things
- His Mom’s Meal – Eggs Benedict
- Flannery O’Connor’s Stories – A Good Man is Hard to Find, Circle in the Fire
- All-Time Favorite TV Show – The Andy Griffith Show (1960-1968)
- Typical Bar Order – Small batch bourbon especially one, he has never tasted before.
- Twitter Accounts – @Quigley_Horse, @KristinMount, and @MecPilot
- DVR or TiVO Shows – The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Tosh.0, and Sharknado
- Websites – HungOverOwls.tumblr.com, thebestpageintheuniverse.net
- Most Played Song on iPod – House Carpenter cover by Bob Dylan
- Movie – The Breakfast Club (1985)
- First Celebrity Crush – Bernadette Peters
- Comic Book Character – Gambit
Anson Mount Facts
- He made his stage debut after he was cast in the role of a guard in the school production of 12 Angry Men.
- While in high school, he took a keen interest in dramatic interpretation and even participated in National Forensic League’s National Tournament in 1991.
- He has even created a Twitter account for his horse which is @Quigley_Horse.
- When he was about 14 or 15 years old, he worked on a part time job at the local golf shop.
- Apart from working on his acting projects, he also works as a teacher at his alma mater Columbia University. He teaches the third year of the Acting Program and the MFA acting program students.
- During his college days, he was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
- To prepare for his role in Hell on Wheels, he studied Western roles played by Clint Eastwood, Sergio Leone, and Budd Boetticher.
- While growing up, he enjoyed a lot of outdoor activities. He often went hunting carrying rifles and shotguns. He claims that they had guns in every corner of the living room.
- He wasn’t eager to be cast in Britney Spears starrer comedy Crossroads because he felt the movie was too cheesy and lame. However, Robert De Niro with whom he was shooting City by the Sea urged him to work in the movie. De Niro, who is a big Britney Spears fan, even used to read Britney’s line while reading Crossroads script with Anson.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Frantogian / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0