|David Ajala Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Ajala is a British actor, theatre artist, voice actor, and producer who is known for playing television roles like Manchester Black in the superhero series Supergirl, Cleveland “Book” Booker in the action-adventure drama series Star Trek: Discovery, Sean Campbell in the sports drama series Dream Team, Burton in the supernatural drama series Falling Water, Flipside in the sitcom Trexx and Flipside, Will Van Renseller in the ABC psychological medical drama series Black Box, Rate in the epic fantasy drama series Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands, and Roy Eris in the horror science fiction series Nightflyers. Additionally, he has been cast in other shows like Death in Paradise, Black Mirror, Silent Witness, Misfits, The Revenge Files of Alistair Fury, Doctor Who, The Bill, Coming Up, Monroe, Law & Order: UK, Hooten & the Lady, and Urban Myths.
Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom
He divides his time among –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York, United States
David Ajala attended Anna Scher Theatre, an independent and co-educational performing arts school in Islington, Greater London.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor, Producer
- Siblings – Yemi Ajala (Brother)
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – David Ajala has 2 children named Elijah and Toby.
Race / Ethnicity
David Ajala is of Nigerian Yoruba descent.
David Ajala Facts
- He once stated in an interview with Interview Magazine that “When I went to secondary school, my maths teacher said I had way too much energy and was too mischievous. He tried to convince me that if I did acting, I’d be popular with the girls”.
- David Ajala brought to life the character of Ivory in the 2013 action film Fast & Furious 6, the 6th installment in the Fast & Furious franchise. It stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Sung Kang, Luke Evans, and Gina Carano.
- David co-starred as DCI Desmond “Buds” Lynch in the 2016 drama film Brotherhood, the sequel to the 2008 drama film Adulthood as well as the 3rd and final installment of The Hood Trilogy.
- Alongside Thure Lindhardt and Vanessa Kirby, he co-starred as Drifter in the 2016 science fiction action horror film Kill Command.
- He has done voiceover work for video games like Need for Speed: Payback and Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- From 2018 to 2019, David Ajala played the recurring role of Manchester Black in the superhero television series Supergirl.
- His theatre credits include having been cast as HRH The Prince in Death and the King’s Horseman at Royal National Theatre, London in 2009; Milo in Nation at Royal National Theatre, London in 2009; Fortune in Ruined at Almeida Theatre, London in 2010; Simon in The Witness at Royal Court Theatre, London in 2012; and Jim Brown in One Night in Miami at Donmar Warehouse, London in 2016.
- In 2020, David Ajala started appearing as Cleveland “Book” Booker (the first person that Burnham meets in the 32nd century) in the television series Star Trek: Discovery. His co-stars for the project included Sonequa Martin-Green, Anthony Rapp, Mary Wiseman, Jason Isaacs, Wilson Cruz, Anson Mount, Tig Notaro, and others.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0