|Sung Kang Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sung Kang is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Han Lue in the Fast & Furious franchise, John Mak in Power, The Fifth Brother in Obi-Wan Kenobi, Officer Dan Boeckman in Lisey’s Story, Tae Kim in Gang Related, and Blinding Fast in We Can Be Heroes. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Pearl Harbor, Antwone Fisher, Live Free or Die Hard, Hollywood Adventures, NYPD Blue, The Shield, Threat Matrix, Knight Rider, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Hawaii Five-0, Power Book II: Ghost, and many more. Sung has done voiceover work in video games like Fast & Furious: Showdown.
Sung Kang (Korean name Kang Sung-Ho)
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States Source
Sung Kang went to the University of California, Riverside. His parents wanted him to study law but he decided to study acting in the university.
Sung Kang is represented by Beverly Hills-based Management 360.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sung Kang has dated –
- Miki Yim – As Sung Kang has remained silent about his personal life, the information about his marriage to Miki Yim isn’t clear enough. Some tabloids claim that they had got married in 1994. While there are other publications that claim that they got married in 2015. In fact, in 2015, it was rumored that they were expecting their first child. However, due to his inclination to avoid any discussion about his private life with the mainstream media, the rumor couldn’t be clarified.
Race / Ethnicity
His parents immigrated to the United States from South Korea.
- Long hairstyle
- Good looks
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Han Lue in The Fast and the Furious movie franchise.
- Being cast in one of the leading roles in the action thriller movie, Bullet to the Head, in which Sylvester Stallone was cast in the other leading role.
In 1999, he made his theatrical film debut in the action-comedy flick, Mystery Men.
First TV Show
In 1999, Sung Kang made his first TV show appearance in The Love Bug episode of drama TV series, Felicity.
Sung Kang Facts
- He opened his restaurant Saketini in Los Angles, California. The restaurant was eventually closed in the early months of 2013.
- He didn’t know about the drifting culture in Japan until he started researching for his role in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.
- He has revealed in his interviews that his role in Fast and Furious franchise rekindled his interest in cars.
- Initially, he had no interest in becoming an actor. Instead, he was interested in becoming a mime artist.
- He was a member of an experimental theatre group called F.A.T.E.
- When he decided to become an actor, his parents were dismayed as they felt that acting opportunities for Asian origin individuals were scarce in the industry.
- He helped three inner-city high school students in assembling a 1972 Ford Maverick, which was later auctioned off and the proceeds from the auction were used for college funds for the students.
- The South Korean band g.o.d. decided to cast Kang in the music video of their single, Lie.
- While growing up, he often used to visit his neighbor’s garage and watch him restore his vintage white Impala car with a red interior.
- Chris Morgan, the creator of Fox TV series, Gang Related cast him in the role of FBI Agent Tae Kim after being impressed with his work in The Fast and Furious franchise, in which Morgan had himself worked in.
- Morgan created the role of Tae Kim while keeping Kang’s personality in his mind.
- In 2016, he launched a watch with Perrelet.
Featured Image by SagIndie / Flickr / CC BY-2.0