|Iris Apfel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1921|
Iris Apfel is an American businesswoman, model, interior designer, and fashion icon who is most celebrated for her eye-catching personal style and for running a successful business in interior designing spanning more than 40 years. She has more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Astoria, Queens, New York, United States
Businesswoman, Interior Designer, Fashion Icon, Model
- Father – Samuel Barrel (Businessman)
- Mother – Sadye Asofsky
Iris has been represented by IMG Models.
Iris’s net worth was $25 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iris has dated –
- Carl Apfel (1947-2015) – Iris and Carl Apfel were married for 67 years from February 22, 1948, until Carl’s death on August 1, 2015. The couple chose to remain childless.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, her hair has turned ‘Gray’ with her advancing age.
- Oversized glasses
- Maximalist fashion sense
- Beauty mark below her lips
- Gap between her front teeth
She has endorsed brands such as –
- Kate Spade
- Blue Illusion
- The Laundress New York
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Citroën DS3
- Forty Five Ten
Iris Apfel Favorite Things
- Jazz Musician – Duke Ellington
- Type Of Weather – Clear and cool
- Perfume – Yatagan by Caron
- Word – Love
- Color – Turquoise
Iris Apfel Facts
- She was allegedly the 1st woman to ever don a pair of denim jeans in the late 1930s.
- Her textile company Old World Weavers handled the restoration project at the White House for 9 consecutive presidents starting from Harry Truman up until Bill Clinton with the lone exception of George H. W. Bush.
- In 2019, the 97-year-old Iris made her modeling debut with IMG Models.
- At 96 years old, she was honored with her own Barbie doll created by Mattel in 2018.
Featured Image by Iris Apfel / Instagram