|Walton Goggins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1971|
Walton Goggins is an American actor who is best known for portraying characters such as Detective Shane Vendrell in the crime drama TV series The Shield (2002–2008), Boyd Crowder in the western crime drama TV series Justified (2010–2015), Lee Russell in the comedy TV series Vice Principals (2016–2017), and Richard ‘Rip’ Taggart in the military drama TV series Six (2017–2018). He had voiced the first of those characters in a 2007 video game with the same name as the TV series. He has also acted in films such as Cowboys & Aliens (2011), Lincoln (2012), Django Unchained (2012), The Hateful Eight (2015), Tomb Raider (2018), and Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).
Walton Sanders Goggins Jr.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Walton had attended the Lithia Springs High School, a public school in Lithia Springs, Georgia. After his high school graduation, he had studied, for one year, at the Georgia Southern University, a public research university.
- Father – Walton Sanders Goggins, Sr.
- Mother – Janet Long
- Siblings – Sandy Goggins (Younger Brother)
- Others – Lawrence Walton/Weldon Goggins (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Catherine Jenia Evans (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Walton has dated –
- Leanne Kaun (2000–2004) – Walton had started dating Canadian businessperson Leanne Kaun in 2000 and they got married in 2001. They were together until her death in November 2004.
- Nadia Conners (2005-Present) – Walton began dating filmmaker and production designer Nadia Conners in 2005 and the couple got married in August 2011. They have a son together named Augustus Goggins (b. February 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, and French-Canadian descent.
- Toned physique
- Back-combed, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged beard
Walton had been featured, in May 2011, in ‘Code of the West’, a TV commercial for Ram Trucks‘ ‘Guts & Glory’ promotional campaign.
He has also appeared in print advertisements for Edifice Watches‘ Black Label EQWM1 OODC-1A2 watch.
Walton Goggins Facts
- When Walton was 19 years old, he had dropped out of university and moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. Before landing a breakthrough role, he used to work for a valet car parking service and used to sell cowboy boots.
- He was originally selected to play the role of Boyd Crowder in just the pilot episode (2010) of the western crime drama TV series Justified. His character was supposed to die in that episode but the showrunners had modified the script and promoted him to the main cast from the 2nd season after test audiences had loved his performance.
- In 2001, he had produced and starred in a short film titled The Accountant, which went on to win an Academy Award in the category of ‘Best Live Action Short Film’.
- As of April 2021, he had held the record for the most number of nominations (7) at the Critics’ Choice Television Awards. After losing out the first 6 times, he had finally won the award in his 7th attempt, in 2018, in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series’ for his portrayal of Lee Russell in Vice Principals.
Featured Image by Walton Goggins / Instagram