|Bonnie Hunt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1961|
Bonnie Hunt is an American actress, comedian, director, producer, writer, and TV host who has appeared in numerous movies including Rain Man (1988), Beethoven (1992), Jumanji (1995, Saturn Award for ‘Best Supporting Actress’), Jerry Maguire (1996), The Green Mile (1999), and Cheaper by the Dozen (2003). She is also well recognized for lending her voice to characters in several animated movies such as A Bug’s Life (1998), Zootopia (2016), and the Monsters, Inc., Cars, and Toy Story franchises. On TV, she is best known for portraying the characters of Carol Anne Smithson and Gwen Davis in the sitcoms Grand (1990) and Davis Rules (1991-1992), respectively. She had also created, produced, written, and starred in the sitcoms The Building (1993), Bonnie (1995-1996), and Life with Bonnie (2002-2004, Golden Globe Award for ‘Best Actress’, Satellite Award for ‘Best Actress’, Primetime Emmy Award for ‘Outstanding Lead Actress’). From 2008 to 2010, she had hosted the syndicated talk show The Bonnie Hunt Show.
Bonnie Lynn Hunt
Chicago, Illinois, United States
She splits her time between Chicago, Illinois, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Bonnie had attended the St. Ferdinand Grammar School and the Notre Dame High School for Girls, both catholic schools in Chicago. She had graduated from the latter in 1979.
Actress, Comedian, Director, Producer, Writer, TV Host
- Father – Robert Edward Hunt (Electrician)
- Mother – Alice E. Hunt (née Jatczak)
- Siblings – Patrick Hunt (Older Brother), Kevin Hunt (Older Brother) (Actor), Tom Hunt (Older Brother), Cathy Hunt (Older Sister), Carol Hunt (Older Sister) (Actress), Mary Hunt (Younger Sister)
- Others – Mary Katerine Drejws (Maternal Grandmother), Frank Jatczak (Maternal Grandfather), Thomas M. Hunt (Paternal Grandfather), Celia S. Reuland (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bonnie has dated –
- John Murphy (1988–2006) – Bonnie began dating investment banker John Murphy in 1988 and the couple got married on July 8, 1988. She announced in June 2006 that they had separated.
- David Letterman (2008) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish and Belgian/Luxembourgish descent on her father’s side and Polish descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
Bonnie Hunt Facts
- She had started working, in 1982, as an oncology nurse at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. While still in that job, in 1988, she had auditioned and been selected for the role of Sally Dibbs in the iconic comedy-drama film Rain Man (1988).
- She had co-founded, in 1984, an improvisational comedy troupe called An Impulsive Thing. She had also joined, in 1986, the world-renowned Chicago-based improvisational comedy enterprise known as The Second City.
- Bonnie is a lifelong fan of the professional baseball team, the Chicago Cubs. She has not missed any of their opening games at the Wrigley Field, their home ground, since 1977. She had also attended the 7th and final game of the 2016 World Series where the Cubs had defeated the Cleveland Indians (4-3 overall) to win their first World Series title since 1908.
- Bonnie has served as an honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, a charitable organization dedicated to working for patients of multiple myeloma, an incurable blood cancer.
Featured Image by Bonnie Hunt / Instagram