|Stat Quo Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|July 24, 1975
Stat Quo is an American rapper and record producer who has released the solo studio albums Statlanta (July 2010) and ATLA: All This Life Allows, Vol. 1 (February 2014) as well as the independent albums Smokin Mirrors (April 2009) and Great Depression (October 2009). He has published numerous EPs and mixtapes over the course of his career. He has also managed artists such as Lil Xan and Young Aspect.
Stanley Bernard Benton
Grady Memorial Hospital, Thomasville Heights, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Stat Quo, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Florida, a public land-grant research university in Gainesville, Florida. He had majored in economics and international business there. He was planning to attend a law school after this until veteran rapper Scarface had encouraged him to rap professionally.
Rapper, Record Producer
Hip Hop, Rap, Hardcore Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, Horrorcore
- ATLA Music
- Blood Money Entertainment
- Shady Records
- Aftermath Entertainment
- Interscope Records
- EMI Group Limited
- Dream Big Ventures
- The Firm
- Gracie Productions
- Sony Music Entertainment
- The Orchard
Stat Quo’s net worth had been $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stat Quo has a son (b. February 15, 2014) from an unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Often sports a trimmed goatee
- Wears ears studs
- Affable smile
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
- Often makes appearances in baseball hats
Stat Quo Facts
- He was primarily brought up by his mother and grandmother.
- He had started freestyle rapping when he was about 12 years old. His mother had bought him a radio and he would often record himself rapping. He had started considering rap as a career choice, however, only in his early 20s.
- He was discovered towards the end of 2003 after legendary rappers Dr. Dre and Eminem had individually come to know about him via his Underground Atlanta mixtapes, the first installment of which had been released in February 2003. A joint deal had then seen him get signed up by both Aftermath Entertainment (record label founded by Dr. Dre) and Shady Records (record label founded by Eminem). He was just the 2nd artist ever, after 50 Cent, to have been signed up by both Shady Records and Aftermath Entertainment.
- In July 2005, a tour bus that was carrying Eminem’s entourage for that summer’s Anger Management musical concert tour had swerved off the road and had turned over. Stat Quo had to be treated at the Independence Regional Health Center in Independence, Missouri, consequently.
- He was due to release his debut solo studio album, titled Statlanta, with Shady Records and Aftermath Entertainment. However, despite being re-worked thrice, the album was never released by those labels. It was ultimately released in July 2010 by Dream Big Ventures.
- He had then continued his career through multiple production/writing credits. He had later also launched a record label called Blood Money Entertainment with West Coast-based rapper The Game.
Featured Image by Stat Quo / Instagram