Courteney Bass Cox
Courteney Cox Arquette, CeCe, Courteney Bass Cox Arquette, Coco
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Cox is a graduate of Mountain Brook High School, Alabama. After completing her graduation, she enrolled at Mount Vernon College for Women, located in Washington D. C. to study architecture, but later opted out of the college to concentrate on her acting and modeling career.
Actress, producer, director
- Father – Richard Lewis Cox (Businessman)
- Mother – Courteney Cox (née Bass, later Copeland)
- Siblings – Virginia Cox (Sister), Dottie Cox (Sister) and Richard Cox Jr. (Brother)
- Stepfather – Hunter Copeland (Businessman)
Cynthia Pett-Dante, Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California
Thriller, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Comedy
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Ian Copeland (1984-87) – A pioneering American music promoter and booking agent. The affair was three years long, all in the 1980s when Ian divorced with Connie, his wife. Interestingly, both were cousins.
- Paul Brown (1987-89) – An American football coach. Both dated each other after Cox broke up with Ian. Both stayed together for two years. Brown was coaching Bucs at the time of relation.
- Michael Keaton (1989-95) – An American actor. The couple was together for as long as six years. The actress got attracted towards the comic actor after she parted her ways from Paul, the American football coach.
- Kevin Costner (1995) – An American actor, singer, musician, producer, director, and businessman. The affair was a year long in which both dated each other on several occasions.
- Liev Schreiber (1996) – An American actor, producer, director, and screenwriter. Both were involved in a relationship with each other when Cox was in search for her so-called true love after she broke up with Keaton.
- Adam Duritz (1997) – An American musician, songwriter, record producer and film producer. Cox found herself close to the lead vocalist and piano artist of ‘Counting Crows’ in the years 1997. The affair was one year long before she met her last love and husband, David.
- David Arquette (1997-2010) – An American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, and fashion designer. Cox married her ‘Screams’ co-star on June 12, 1999. The wedding ceremony was held at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco. Both stayed together for 13 years, but the 13th year proved to be unlucky for the couple and they divorced. The couple had a daughter too.
- Josh Hopkins (2011-2012) – An American actor, Cox got into the relationship with ‘New York Undercover’ star Josh in 2011, one year after she called off her marriage with David Arquette. They separated in 2012.
- Brian Van Holt (2012-2013) – In December 2012, she started dating 5 years her junior, actor Brian Van Holt. They remained together for just less than a year until October 2013.
- Johnny McDaid (2013-2015, 2016-Present) – After splitting from Brian, she was seen romancing Northern Irish musician Johnny McDaid in November 2013. They got engaged in June 2014. But, the engagement was called off in December 2015. He is 12 years her junior. In March 2016, they were seen together for an Easter Sunday and were often seen together thereafter.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh and German ancestry.
Cox’s kind nature. The best example is her support for the Art of Elysium by co-curating the charity sale in 2012 at San Francisco.
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in TV commercials for Pantene, Noxzema skin cream, Maybelline, Tampax, The New York Telephone Co., Coca-Cola, Head & Shoulders shampoo, etc.
She has also served as the spokesperson for Kinerase skin care products.
Garnier, Apple Inc., BMW, Blackberry, Dolce & Gabbana, and Louis Vuitton are some of the international brands which add glamour quotient to her ‘star’ personality.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Cox is best known for her role as Monica Geller on the NBC sitcom series ‘FRIENDS’
First TV Show
As The World Turns (1956-2010). She appeared in the role of Bunny in the year 1984.
First Film (as Actress)
Sylvan in Paradise (1986), a TV movie. She appeared in the movie by playing the role of Lucy Apple.
First Film (as Producer)
The Shrink Is In (2001), an American comedy film. Cox herself appeared in the role of Samantha, a travel journalist in the film.
First Film (as Director)
The Monday Before Thanksgiving (2008), a short film.
Tracy Anderson. Cox loves to eat green and admits that she is a big foodie. Her diet plan happens to be a mix of Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type diet plan and Atkins diet plan. According to the blood type diet plan, one needs to eat based upon their diet plan. Miranda Kerr is a follower of this. According to an interview given to Beauty magazine, she says –
“I do cheat on my diet plan, on occasion, with pasta or bread and butter. And I do eat a lot of cheese and nuts, which is probably not the best idea.”
Courtney Cox Favorite Things
- People – Audrey Hepburn & Bridgette Bardot (Fashion Idols)
- Movies – Fargo (1996) & Now, Voyager(1942)
- Bands – Foo Fighters and Ben Harper
- Songs – Both sides of the Gun (Ben Harper, 2006), Monkey (Counting Crows, 1995) & Everlong (The Foo Fighters, 1995)
Courteney Cox Facts
- Cox’s popular television appearances include her roles as – Gales weather for ‘Scream’, Jules Cobb for ‘Cougar Town’, Lucy Spiller for ‘Dirt’.
- Courteney received her first Golden Globe nomination for her role of Jules Cobb in the ABC / TBS sitcom series ‘Cougar Town’.
- Courteney Cox Arquette owns a production company called ‘Coquette Productions’. It was created by herself with her ex-husband David Arquette.
- CeCe has worked as a director for her TV Show ‘Cougar Town’ and TV movie ‘Talhotblond’ too.
- She spent her childhood days living in Mountain Brook, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham.
- Her father died on September 3, 2001, aged 70 (Born – January 28, 1931).
- She is the youngest child of the Cox family.
- Her parents divorced in 1974.
- Her stepfather Hunter Copeland is an uncle of Ian Copeland, a music promoter, and business manager. Ian was Cox’s first love.
- Connect with Cox on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.