|Liev Schreiber Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1967|
Liev Schreiber is an American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer who is known for playing roles in popular films such as the Scream trilogy of horror films, Ransom, Phantoms, The Sum of All Fears, Taking Woodstock, and Salt. He has also appeared as a stage actor in several Broadway productions like Glengarry Glen Ross and The Mercy Seat. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Isaac Liev Schreiber
San Francisco, California, United States
Liev attended Friends Seminary in Manhattan. Then, he went to the London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and Hampshire College. He also attended Yale School of Drama and graduated from there with a Master’s degree in 1992.
Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – Tell Carroll Schreiber (Stage actor and director)
- Mother – Heather (née Milgram)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Tell Carroll Schreiber (Paternal Grandfather), Pamela Dutton Prime (Paternal Grandmother), Alexander “Alex” Milgram (Maternal Grandfather), Hazel Dubroff/Dubrovosky (Maternal Grandmother), Pablo Schreiber (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor). He also has 3 half-brothers and a half-sister.
He is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR (Public Relations Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Liev has dated –
- Natane Adcock – Liev and actress Natane Adcock had a fling together in the past.
- Nadia Dajani (1994) – Liev had a short-term affair with actress Nadia Dajani in 1994. After dating for a couple of months, they separated in the same year.
- Courteney Cox (1996) – Liev and actress Courtney Cox dated in 1996. They worked together in the 1996 film Scream.
- Kristin Davis (2000-2003) – Liev was romantically linked to TV actress Kristin Davis from 2000 to 2003, but they kept their relationship away from the public limelight.
- Kate Driver – Liev had a fling with film producer Kate Driver in the past.
- Naomi Watts (2005-2016) – Liev started dating his co-star in The Painted Veil, Naomi Watts in 2005. In 2010, Naomi mentioned in an interview that Liev had given her a ring and in June 2013, Liev referred to her as his “wife”. The couple was seen together at various events including King Kong (2005) premiere in New York. They have 2 sons together named Alexander Pete also known as Sasha (b. 2007) and Samuel Kai (b. 2008). After dating for 11 years, however, they eventually drifted apart and the couple announced their separation on September 26, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Swiss-German, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Norwegian, Belgian/Flemish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry on his father’s side, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Light Brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
- Towering height
- Deep voice
He contributed his voice in the TV commercial for ‘Infiniti’ in 2002.
Best Known For
- Playing roles in various independent and popular Hollywood films such as the Scream trilogy of horror films, The Sum of All Fears (2002), The Omen (2006), Taking Woodstock (2009), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Salt (2010), and Spotlight (2015)
- Appearing as a stage actor in several Broadway productions including Glengarry Glen Ross, Macbeth, and The Mercy Seat
He made his theatrical film debut as Chris in the comedy-drama film Mixed Nuts in 1994.
First TV Show
Liev made his first TV show appearance as Ogden on the mini-series Buffalo Girls in 1995.
Liev did intense training for his movie Chuck where he played the role of a boxer, Chuck Wepner. So, to look like a real-life boxer, the actor had to put on weight and also did weight training under the guidance of fitness expert Don Saladino. His workout routine for weight training was as follows –
- Jump Rope: 5-10 minutes
- Foam Roller: 5-10 minutes
- Dumbbell Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps (one minute rest)
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 5 reps (one minute rest)
- Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps (one minute rest)
- Heavy Loaded Carries: 4 sets of 40 yards (one minute rest)
- Rope Push-Downs: 3 sets of 15 reps (one minute rest)
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps (one minute rest)
- Zottman Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps (one minute rest)
Liev did his boxing training under the guidance of boxing expert Michael Olajide, Jr. His workout routine for boxing was as follows –
- Jump Rope: 5-10 minutes
- Shadowboxing (with 5-pound dumbbells): 3 rounds of 3 minutes (1-minute rest)
- Shadowboxing (without dumbbells): 3 rounds of 3 minutes (1-minute rest)
Liev Schreiber Favorite Things
- Film – A Walk on the Moon (1999)
- Actors – Charlie Chaplin, Andrew Cartwright, and Basil Rathbone
Liev Schreiber Facts
- He relocated with his family to British Columbia, Canada at the age of 1.
- His mother named him after her favorite author, Leo Tolstoy whose Russian name was Lev.
- Liev had a tough childhood. When he was only 3 years old, his father once kidnapped him from a New York commune where her mother had gone to avoid detection.
- The meaning of his last name is ‘writer’ in the German language.
- Due to his mother’s mood swings, she forced him to take Hindu names, wear yoga shirts, and even forced him to go to an ashram school in Connecticut when he was only 12 years old.
- Liev’s mother purchased him a motorcycle “to promote fearlessness” on his 16th birthday.
- Liev went to the Friends Seminary with actress Amanda Peet where he was a senior and the actress was a freshman.
- He used to play the bass clarinet in high school.
- Schreiber often does voice-over and narration work for advertisements and documentaries, mainly on HBO’s Sports of the 20th Century series.
- Liev is one of among 5 actors who appeared in all 3 original Scream films alongside David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and Jamie Kennedy.
- He spent most of his childhood years in Lower East Side in New York.
- He is good friends with his co-stars Dustin Hoffman and Hugh Jackman.
- Liev supported Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- Initially, Schreiber wanted to be a screenwriter but he gradually got inclined towards acting.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0