|Julie Ertz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1992|
Julie Ertz is a soccer player who plays for the United States. Julie has played in the United States U-15 team, United States U-18 team, United States U-20 team, United States U-23 team, and finally got promoted to the United States national team. Her team won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup held in Canada. She played her first Olympic match during the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Julie Beth Johnston
Mesa, Arizona, United States
In 2006, Julie Ertz got enrolled at the Dobson High School and graduated in 2010. She then took admission at Santa Clara University to graduate in 2013 with a major in communications.
Professional soccer player
- Father – David Johnston
- Mother – Kristi Johnston
- Siblings – Melanie Johnston (Older Sister) (Played soccer for Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club and Sereno Soccer Club)
Julie Ertz is represented by Steve Caric of Caric Sports Management.
Midfielder / Defender
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julie Ertz has dated
- Zach Ertz (2012-Present) – Julie started going out with NFL Player Zach Ertz in 2012. She had first met him while she was studying in college. They had met at a Stanford University baseball game. Zach was playing football for Stanford University, while she was studying nearby in Santa Clara. As he was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2013, most of the coming years had them in a long-distance relationship. However, they managed to stay close during the testing times and in February 2016, he took her to the same stadium, where they had first met and proposed. They got married in March 2017 in a romantic outdoor ceremony held at the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara. In the same year, they decided to pose n*de for the ESPN magazine’s Body Issue.
Race / Ethnicity
Julie Ertz has used her social media presence to promote a number of brands such as
- Clothing giant, Target
- Nutrition brand, Muscle Milk
- Lovesac couches
She often incorporates products in her social media updates for promotional purposes.
She is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- Playing in the midfield for the US women’s national team. She has even played in the FIFA World Cup for her national team.
- Having played for the Chicago Red Stars in the National Women’s Soccer League, which is the top division of women’s professional soccer in the US.
First Soccer Match
In April 2014, Julie made her professional debut for the Chicago Red Stars in a match against Western New York Flash. She went on to score a goal in the 59th minute in her team’s 1-0 win.
In February 2013, she made her debut for the US national team against Scotland. She was sent in as a substitute in the 83rd minute.
First TV Show
In April 2016, Julie Ertz made her first TV show appearance on the news talk show, Today.
Apart from her regular soccer training sessions that include sprints, running sessions, and drills involving a ball and other equipment, she relies on her conditioning workouts to improve the physical side of her game.
She usually heads to California Strength, which is a San Ramon based conditioning facility, for her strength training workouts. She includes bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pull-ups in her conditioning workout sessions.
Julie Ertz Favorite Things
- Food – Mangoes
- TV Show – Lost
Source – People
Julie Ertz Facts
- Julie followed in the footsteps of her older sister to play soccer. She had started playing soccer at the age of 4.
- While studying at the Dobson High School, she opted to volunteer as a student athletic trainer for all 4 years of her high school education.
- However, she never played for her high school soccer team and instead, focused on playing solely for Sereno Soccer Club, which is known for producing national level players.
- While at Dobson, she was also a member of the National Honor Society.
- By the end of her studies at the Santa Clara University, she had been named to the NSCAA All-American First Team as well as College Sports Madness All-WAC First Team.
- At the end of her college soccer stint, she had been declared College Sports Madness WCC Player of the Year and WCC Player of the Year.
- In the 2014 NWSL College Draft, she was selected as the third pick in the first round by Chicago Red Stars.
- After she won the 2015 FIFA World Cup with the national team, she became a member of the first team to get the honor of the Ticker tape parade in New York City.
- For her tremendous performances in 2017, she was declared the USWNT Player of the Year.
Featured Image by Julie Ertz / Instagram