|Johnny McDaid Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1976|
Johnny McDaid is a British singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer who has been a member of bands Snow Patrol and Vega4. Throughout his career, he has worked on a number of songs which include Ed Sheeran‘s Photograph, Galway Girl, Shape of You, Afire Love, Bloodstream, Tenerife Sea, All of The Stars, Nina, What Do I Know?, Hearts Don’t Break Around Here, Supermarket Flowers, and Take It Back, Bo Bruce’s Speed the Fire, How We’re Made, The Fall, and Lightkeeper, Love Will Set You Free and Head Held High by Kodaline, Don’t Let Me Be Yours by Zara Larsson, What About Us by P!nk, The Rest of Our Life by Tim McGraw (with Faith Hill), Make Me Better by James Blunt, Broken & Beautiful by Kelly Clarkson, A Different Way by DJ Snake (ft. Lauv), and Underdog and Authors Of Forever by Alicia Keys.
Derry, Northern Ireland
He divides his time between –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Johnny McDaid studied at St Brigid’s Primary School and then attended St Columb’s College in Derry, Northern Ireland.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer
- Father – John McDaid, Sr. (Died in July 2011)
- Mother – Pauline McDaid
- Siblings – Maev (Younger Sister). He has 4 more siblings.
Rock, Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop, Dance, Britpop, Power Pop, Post-Britpop
Guitar, Piano, Vocals
Vandit Records, Universal
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny McDaid has dated –
- Courteney Cox (2013-2015, 2016-Present) – In late 2013, he started going out with American actor, producer, and director Courteney Cox who is best known for co-starring as Monica Geller in the NBC sitcom Friends (1994-2004). The duo has an age gap of 12 years, Cox being the older one. On June 26, 2014, they announced their engagement but it was called off in December 2015. They got back together the following year.
Race / Ethnicity
- A tattoo on his left arm reading Nuair is gá dom filleadh abhaile, is tú mo réalt eolais (“When I need to get home you’re my guiding light”)
- Sports a beard
His songs have been used in advertising campaigns for the likes of Land Rover, Jeep, and RTÉ.
Johnny McDaid Facts
- His songs have been featured in various television shows including One Tree Hill, The Hills, Pushing Daisies, and Defying Gravity as well as in films like Into the Blue, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and S*x Drive.
- Johnny McDaid has worked with artists like Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Ingrid Michaelson, Gary Go, Example, Kodaline, Rudimental, Biffy Clyro, Iain Archer, and Declan O’Rourke.
- The tattoo on his left arm is an Irish translation of the song Guiding Light (written for McDaid’s late father) by fellow musician Foy Vance. Ed Sheeran, Foy Vance, and McDaid’s younger sister Maev also have the same tattoo.
- McDaid writes, produces, and mixes with and for various artists and songwriters in his studio, Fieldwork Music, in North London.
- In November 2021, Johnny and his wife Courtney were taking flying lessons at a private airport hangar in Santa Monica, California.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0