|Tim McGraw Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1967|
Tim McGraw is an American singer, songwriter, actor, guitarist, and record producer who has released a number of albums, including Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors, Everywhere, Live Like You Were Dying, Set This Circus Down, Here on Earth, Emotional Traffic, Not a Moment Too Soon, A Place in the Sun, Let It Go, Sundown Heaven Town, and Two Lanes of Freedom, over the course of his career. With his work, he has won several accolades including three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association (CMA) Awards, 10 American Music Awards, and three People’s Choice Awards. Apart from his musical pursuits, McGraw has also been cast in acting roles in projects like Black Cloud, The Kingdom, Country Strong, Tomorrowland, The Blind Side, The Shack, Four Christmases, Flicka, Friday Night Lights, The Jeff Foxworthy Show, and Dirty Girl.
Samuel Timothy McGraw
Start, Louisiana, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Tim McGraw went to the Northeast Louisiana University (rebranded as the University of Louisiana at Monroe) on a baseball scholarship. After his chance of pursuing a baseball career came to an end due to a knee injury, he dropped out of college.
Later, he got enrolled at the Florida Community College at Jacksonville. However, he dropped out after studying for one term.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Guitarist, Record Producer
- Father – Frank Edwin McGraw Jr. (Played as a pitcher for Philadelphia Phillies and New York Mets)
- Mother – Elizabeth Ann D’Agostino
- Siblings – Mark McGraw (Half-Brother), Mathew McGraw (Half-Brother), Cari Velardo (Half-Sister)
- Others – Horace Smith (Stepfather), Frank Edwin McGraw (Paternal Grandfather), Mable McKenna (Paternal Grandmother), John Joseph D’Agostino (Maternal Grandfather), Annie Catherine Welch (Maternal Grandmother)
Note – He grew up believing that his stepfather was his real father. He realized that Frank was his real father at the age of 11 after finding his birth certificate. However, Frank denied he was his son till Tim turned 18 after he noticed how much Tim resembled him.
Tim McGraw has been represented by –
- Red Light Management
- CAA Nashville, Talent Agency, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Vocals and guitar
Curb, Big Machine Records, Arista Nashville
6 ft or 183 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim McGraw has dated –
- Kristine Donahue (1993-1996)
- Faith Hill (1996-Present) – Tim McGraw and Faith Hill fell for each other while on the Spontaneous Combustion tour in 1996. Their relationship at that time caused quite an uproar with Faith copping a lot of criticism as she was engaged to record producer Scott Hendricks at that time. Not bothered by the criticism, they moved ahead quickly and by October 1996, they had got engaged and got married in the same year. About two months later, she announced that she was pregnant with their first child. In 1997, she gave birth to a daughter Gracie Katherine. In 1998, they went on a music tour and decided to name their tour bus, Love Bus. That year, they welcomed their second daughter, Maggie Elizabeth. In 2001, Hill gave birth to their third daughter, Audrey Caroline. Their marriage had to endure some rocky moments as his alcoholism and love for partying proved to be too much for her. However, after she warned him, he overcame his love for the bottle and they were solid once again.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has Italian and Irish ancestry while on his father’s side, he is of English, Scots-Irish, Swiss, Scottish, Dutch, Czech, and German descent.
- Loves wearing a cowboy hat
- Prefers French goatee
Tim McGraw has appeared in TV commercials for
- Music streaming app, Spotify
- Bud Light Beer
Tim was raised as a Baptist and has often hinted that Christianity has had a major impact on his life. However, it can’t be ascertained how strong his faith is.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular and successful modern country singers. About 10 of his music albums have managed to reach the top of the Country album charts.
- Being cast in the supporting role in successful films such as Friday Night Lights (2004) and The Blind Side (2009).
In April 1993, Tim released his debut studio album, Tim McGraw. It couldn’t make it to rank in the music charts.
In 2004, Tim made his first film appearance in an important role in the drama flick, Black Cloud.
First TV Show
In 1997, Tim made his TV show debut in the Feud for Thought episode of the comedy TV series, The Jeff Foxworthy Show.
After being warned about his partying lifestyle by his wife, Tim McGraw decided to go for a healthy and fit lifestyle. He eventually managed to get rid of the beer-induced gut and carved out a shredded physique, thanks to his grueling and regimented workout routine. He hired Roger Yuan, who created a CrossFit-style workout routine for him.
While on the tour, he attaches 40 pounds of weight around his ankles and gets running up and down the hill at 11 AM. Then, at the lunch break, about a dozen other individuals from his staff join for CrossFit exercises. They perform about 12 circuits of various exercises that include hammering tractor tire, rattling heavy battle ropes, and other bodyweight moves such as burpees.
He also occasionally performs a special workout that is a mixture of martial arts elements and water resistance exercises.
As per diet, he usually watches what he eats for 3 to 4 days a week and allows himself to indulge on the rest of the days.
However, if he has to model for a photoshoot or prepare for a movie role, he shifts to a stricter diet. His typical diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with walnut, dried cherries, and maple syrup.
- Lunch – Avocado, tuna, apples, eggs, some chilies, and walnuts.
- Dinner – His preferred choice is grilled chicken breast with polenta or spinach and sweet potato, steamed broccoli, or asparagus.
In between these meals, he curbs his hunger with protein shakes. And, just before bed, he likes to have yogurt with granola.
Tim McGraw Favorite Things
- Food – Italian
- Grooming Product – Razor
- Songs – Viva La Vida (By Coldplay), You Found Me (By The Fray), Here with Me (By Holly Williams)
- Own Music Album – Everywhere
Source – Glamour, Oprah
Tim McGraw Facts
- He has got about half a dozen tattoos. He got the first one at the age of 21 and after he had got drunk. It features a leprechaun with a cowboy and is on his thigh.
- His collection of hats is legendary in the music industry and it was fueled by his insecurity about his forehead, which he believes is too big.
- In 1994, he started hosting the annual Swampstock event. It started out with a charity softball game and has evolved to include a celebrity softball game and multi-artist concert. The funds from the event have provided a scholarship to students and funded the construction of Little League parks.
- He has established the Tim McGraw Foundation, which aims to raise funds to assist children and adults diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- In 2008, he collaborated with packaged foods giant, Frito Lays to launch exclusive McGraw’s Spicy Jalapeno Fritos corn chips, which had Tim’s favorite distinct Southern flavor.
- In 2008, Tim launched his exclusive perfume line under his surname. Over the years, he has added McGraw Southern Blend, McGraw Silver, Soul 2 Soul, and Soul 2 Soul Vintage fragrances to his merchandise.
- McGraw has been a longtime supporter of the charity MusiCares, which works to support struggling musicians. He even designed T-shirts that were sold through Angelwear to raise funds for the foundation.
- While growing up, his idol was Tug McGraw and he even had his baseball card taped to his bedroom wall. He later found out that Tug was his biological father, who had a summer affair with his mother.
- He recorded Live Like You Were Dying as a tribute to his father Tug, who passed away in January 2004. At the 2004 CMA Awards, the single won song of the year as well as single of the year gongs.
- Alongside Billy Bob Thornton, Garrett Hedlund, Derek Luke, Jay Hernandez, and Lucas Black, he co-starred as Charles Billingsley in the 2004 sports drama film, Friday Night Lights, and this performance got him nominated for the MTV Movie Award for “Best Male Breakthrough Performance”.
- In aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Tim and his wife held several charity concerts to raise funds for those who were affected by the hurricane. They also established the Neighbor’s Keeper Foundation to provide funds for humanitarian activities.
- He has a private pilot license and is the owner of a single-engine Cirrus SR22.
- He played the character named Robert “Rob” McLaughlin in the 2006 British-American family adventure drama film, Flicka. Also, he received a Critics Choice Award nomination for “Best Song” for the song My Little Girl.
- He is a member of the American Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet. He lends his time and fame to raise awareness about the Red Cross’s efforts and special initiatives.
- In June 2010, Tim and his wife hosted a benefit concert named Nashville Raising. The concert aimed to raise $2 million to provide assistance in aftermath of the devastating flood that caused damage of more than $2 billion and 22 deaths.
- Previously, he served as a minority owner of the Arena Football League’s outfit Nashville Kats.
- In October 2006, he was honored with his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at the famous Hollywood Boulevard.
- He is the godfather of Emma Roberts and Garrett Hedlund‘s son, Rhodes.
- He has been a supporter of the Democratic Party and also performed on the Celebrating America inaugural special, a primetime virtual concert celebrating the inauguration of Joe Biden.