|James Blunt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1974|
James Blunt is an English singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer who shot to acclaim in 2004 with the release of his debut album Back to Bedlam, achieving worldwide fame with the singles “You’re Beautiful” and “Goodbye My Lover”. The album became the best-selling album of the 2000s in the UK and is one of the best-selling albums in UK chart history. His discography also comprises of other albums and tracks such as All the Lost Souls, Some Kind of Trouble, Moon Landing, Once Upon a Mind, The Afterlove, 1973, Carry You Home, I Really Want You, Stay the Night, If Time Is All I Have, Bonfire Heart, When I Find Love Again, Heart to Heart, Love Me Better, Love Under Pressure, The Truth, Bartender, Cold, and Love, Love, Love. Moreover, James Blunt has received many awards including at least 2 Brit Awards, 2 MTV Video Music Awards, and 2 Ivor Novello Awards, as well as receiving at least 5 Grammy Award nominations and an Honorary Doctorate for Music in 2016 from the University of Bristol.
James Hillier Blount
Tidworth, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
James Blunt went to the Elstree School in Woolhampton.
He then moved to the Harrow School and got A-Levels in economics, physics, and chemistry.
Finally, he got enrolled at the University of Bristol to study sociology and Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering. In 1996, he graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Sociology.
He took armed forces training from Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer
- Father – Colonel Charles Blount (Cavalry Officer in British Army and helicopter pilot as well as Colonel in Army Air Corps)
- Mother – Jane Ann Farran Blount
- Siblings – Daisy Blount (Younger Sister), Emily Blount (Younger Sister)
- Others – Hubert Blount (Paternal Grandfather), Marion Emily Helen Barclay (Paternal Grandmother)
James Blunt has been represented by –
- Rocket Music Management
- Interland Music, Music Artists Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop rock, folk-rock, folk-pop, soft rock
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Organ, Ukulele, Marimba
Custard Records, Atlantic Records
His net worth had been $18 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Blunt has dated –
- Camilla Boler (2004-2006) – Camilla is reported to have inspired Blunt’s debut album, Back to Bedlam. Their relationship had several testing periods as there were rumors that he was cheating on her. Due to his career, he traveled a lot and remained apart from her for long periods of time. In March 2006, he reportedly had an affair with actor and model, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson. After the affair had become public, Camilla decided to split from James. However, a month later, she agreed to give their relationship another chance and accompanied him to Ivor Novello music awards. But then, she saw pictures of James cozying up to model Petra Nemcova and realized that she had enough.
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson (2006) – James Blunt had a short-lived affair with TV personality, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson. She had written several columns in Closer magazine to promote the young singer. While confirming that they were indeed going out, she declined to give any details about their tryst.
- Petra Nemcova (2006-2007) – James was dating model Petra Nemcova since January 2006. Their relationship came to light in May after they were spotted putting up an affectionate display at the beach in Ibiza, leading to his breakup from his official girlfriend, Camilla. They dated each other for more than a year before amicably deciding to go separate ways in March 2007.
- Lindsay Lohan (2007) – James Blunt was RUMORed to be in a relationship with controversial actor Lindsay Lohan after they were pictured together on numerous occasions in Los Angeles. Lindsay was spotted leaving his hotel early in the morning, and her attempts to remain anonymous behind a coat proved to be futile.
- Paris Hilton (2007) – In April, Blunt hooked up with socialite Paris Hilton after they were pictured making out while out on a date in Los Angeles. He reportedly spent the night at her place.
- Natasha Archdale (2009) – James started dating lingerie model Natasha Archdale in early 2009. Their relationship was made public after they were pictured out on a romantic stroll in West London. However, by October, their relationship had fizzled out as Natasha dumped James because he was too much focused on his music and didn’t have the type of intimacy she craved for.
- Jessica Sutta (2010) – After his gig at the W Hollywood Hotel, James was pictured making out with Pussycat Dolls’ singer Jessica Sutta. They had caught up just after the gig and moved to a corner of the bar and by the end of the night were seen getting hands-on and frisky.
- Sofia Wellesley (2012-Present) – Blunt started dating socialite Sofia Wellesley, who then worked as a legal consultant in 2012. In December 2013, they got engaged. In September 2014, they got married in a secret wedding ceremony. A week later, they threw a big wedding party in Mallorca at her parent’s house. In June 2016, Blunt announced that they had welcomed a baby boy into their family. They later became parents to another boy.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Welsh, and Scottish ancestry.
James Blunt has an endorsement deal with the
- National UK Lottery
Best Known For
- The worldwide success of his debut album, Back to Bedlam
- The popularity of his single, You’re Beautiful, that managed to reach the top of the charts in many countries
In October 2004, he released his debut studio album, Back to Bedlam, which reached #1 on UK, Australia, Canada, Austria, Germany, Ireland, and Switzerland music charts.
First TV Show
In 2005, he was seen in the music show TRL Italy as himself.
For a workout, he relies on his stage performances. He states that he is running around for an hour and a half on the stage during his concerts, so he doesn’t need to head to the gym to remain fit.
If he is not working and relaxing at his home in Ibiza, he goes clubbing a lot, which means he is jogging on the spot for hours.
James Blunt Favorite Things
- Meal – Buffalo and chicken wings
- Restaurant – In-N-Out Burger in Los Angeles
Source – Hello Magazine
James Blunt Facts
- His university studies were sponsored by the British army bursary, so he had to serve in the army for at least 4 years. His term with the army was from 1996 to 2002.
- James is the oldest in his family.
- He was stationed in Kosovo for 6 months as part of the peacekeeping force. He had taken his guitar with him and had strapped it to the outside of the tank.
- In 2012, he joined hands with Lawrence Dallaglio and Carl Fogarty to open a restaurant at the top of the chairlift in the Swiss town Verbier.
- In February 2016, her alma mater University of Bristol awarded him the honorary doctorate degree in music for his contributions to the industry.
- He has been associated with the charity “Help for Heroes” as a patron and has held concerts for the charity as well. The charity works to provide support for the wounded British army men.
- He is a keen environmental cause activist and has pledged to plant a tree for every concert ticket bought from his website. He has even performed the Live Earth concert at the Wembley Stadium.
- He once started an auction on eBay for his sister and had written damsel in distress, needs knight in shining armour in the description. She got married to the guy who won the auction.
- He followed in the footsteps of his father by getting his private pilot license for the winged aircraft. When he got his license, he was 16 years old.
- While growing up, he moved around a lot due to his father’s military postings.