|Harvey Keitel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1939|
Harvey Keitel is a Golden Globe-nominated American actor and producer who started his career in the film industry 5 decades ago. He has appeared in more than 2 dozen films including The Irishman (2019), The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014), Pulp Fiction (1994), Bad Lieutenant (1992), Reservoir Dogs (1992), and The Duellists (1977). On the other hand, he also noted for serving as co-president of the Actors Studio from 1995 to 2017.
Harvey Johannes Keitel
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Keitel attended Abraham Lincoln High School. He attended HB Studio and studied under the careful guidance of Stella Adler and Lee Strasberg.
- Father – Harry Keitel (Entrepreneur, Hat Maker)
- Mother – Miriam Klein (Entrepreneur)
- Siblings – Renee Keitel (Sister), Jerry Keitel (Brother)
- Others – Abraham Keitel (Paternal Grandfather), Anna (Paternal Grandmother)
Harvey is represented by Saskia Mulder of The Artists Partnership.
During his younger days, he had a muscular physique.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harvey has dated –
- Lorraine Bracco (1982-1993) – They have a daughter named, Stella (b. 1985)
- Lisa Karmazin – They have a son named, Hudson (b. 2001)
- Daphna Kastner (2001) – They have a son named, Roman (b. 2004)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Wears a pair of square spectacles
- He has an intense emotional acting style
Harvey has appeared in commercials for various brands including Steinlager Pure.
Harvey Keitel Facts
- He was raised in Brighton Beach alongside his sister Renee and brother Jerry.
- His mother was from Romania and father was from Poland. They were owners of a lunch counter. His father also made hats.
- Keitel was 16 when he joined the marines. During his service, he was sent off to fight at Operation Blue Bat in Lebanon in 1958. Upon his return, he joined the press and started working as a court reporter until he started acting in off-broadway productions.
- He once worked as a salesman in a woman’s shoe store.
- In 1995, he was placed at #95 on Empire Magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars in the history of film.
- Harvey started out in the film industry when he was 28 years old in 1967 in filmmaker Martin Scorsese’s and debut feature film, Who’s That Knocking at My Door.
- Throughout his career, Harvey has worked alongside various well-distinguished stars such as Al Pacino, Ellen Burstyn, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, and Robert De Niro.
- In 1992, Harvey was nominated for Golden Globe award for his role in the film Bugsy (1991).
- He is Martin Scorsese’s favorite muse and has appeared in a number of his films.
- Keitel was given the Stanislavsky Award for “his outstanding achievement in the career of acting.”
- Harvey has appeared naked in more than one film including Bad Lieutenant (1992) and The Piano (1993).
- He was featured in singer Jay-z‘s music video “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)” (2009) as well as Beyoncé‘s music video “Pretty Hurts” (2013).
- Keitel is actor Max Madsen’s godfather.
- Most of his character revolves around a violent but with a deep-seated moral center.
- His last name is pronounced as “ky-tel.”
Featured Image By David Shankbone / Flickr