|Ellen Burstyn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1932|
Ellen Burstyn is an American actress who is renowned for giving acclaimed performances in films like The Exorcist (1973), Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (1974), The Last Picture Show (1971), Requiem for a Dream (2000), etc.
Edna Rae Gillooly
Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Father – John Gillooly
- Mother – Correine Hamel
- Siblings – Jack Gillooly (Older Brother), Steve Gillooly (Younger Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellen has dated –
- Bill Alexander (1950-1957) – Ellen was married to Bill Alexander from 1950 to 1957.
- Paul Roberts (1957-1962) – Her 2nd marriage was to Paul Roberts which took place on September 14, 1958. The couple adopted a son named Jefferson Roberts in 1961 before splitting up in 1962.
- Neil Burstyn (1962-1972) – She tied the knot with Neil Burstyn on November 12, 1964. However, their divorce was finalized in 1972.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German and French-Canadian ancestry on her mother’s side and is of Irish descent on her father’s side.
However, her hair has turned ‘Gray’ with her advancing age.
Ellen Burstyn Facts
- Her memorable performance as Sara Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream (2000) required her to wear several prosthetic necks and fat suits ranging from 40 to 20 lbs.
- Ellen belongs to an elite group of actresses who have received the Triple Crown of Acting viz., the Oscar, Tony, and Emmy awards.
- She is frequently mistaken for actress Louise Fletcher in real life. Interestingly, Fletcher won the ‘Academy Award for Best Actress’ for her performance as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), which was initially offered to Burstyn.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0