Joseph Michael Manganiello (Last name pronounced as mang-gah-nello)
Joe, Alcide, Big Dick Richie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Joseph attended St. Bernard School in Mt. Lebanon. He graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School in 1995 with honors. In 2011 (after 16 years), he also received Great Alumni Award. Finally, Joe graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting from Carnegie Mellon School of Drama in 2000.
- Father – Charles John Manganiello
- Mother – Susan (née Brachanow)
- Siblings – Nicholas Manganiello (Younger Brother)
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
107 kg or 236 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe has dated –
- Audra Marie (2009-2011) – Actress Audra started dating Joe in February 2009. Marie and Joe engaged in October 2010. But the relationship didn’t go long after that. It broke up in 2011.
- Tenley Dene (2012) – Tenley had a fling with Joe in September 2012.
- Bridget Peters (2013-2014) – Joe Manganiello dated Bridget Peters for more than a year from January 2013 to March 2014.
- Sofía Vergara (2014-Present) – Joe met Colombian actress Sofia Vergara in May 2014 at White House Correspondents’ Dinner Party and soon in June 2014, they were seen dating each other. They got engaged on the occasion of Christmas in 2014 and married on November 22, 2015, in Florida.
Race / Ethnicity
His father is of Italian descent while his mother has Armenian and Austrian ancestry.
- Beautiful body
- Towering height
- Muscular build
His body specifications may be (it is not confirmed) –
- Chest – 47 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 18 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
There are no brands, which Joe has endorsed.
Best Known For
Working in the HBO television series True Blood for his role as werewolf Alcide Herveaux since 2010.
In 1999, Joe appeared in the student film Out of Courage 2: Out for Vengeance for his role as Ruslan Zmeyev. Apart from acting, he also wrote and produced this film.
First TV Show
In 2006, Joseph guest appeared in the American comedy series Jake in Progress for his role as Rick Cavanaugh in the episode titled “Notting Hell”. This series also broadcasted from just 2005 to 2006 on ABC.
Manganiello workouts are intense. It is also clear from his body shape and statistics. He appears on the True Blood with co-star Alexander Skarsgard, who also has a nice a body. Joe does his exercises for six days a week; two times in a day. And, he does cardio daily. He is a workout lover.
He has divided his exercise schedule like this –
- Monday & Thursday – Chest and legs
- Tuesday & Friday – Shoulders and biceps
- Wednesday & Saturday – Back and triceps
All these remarkable results are due to his personal trainer, Ron Mathews. But, great body is never achieved without a proper diet. Joe keeps having vegetables and proteins throughout the day for six days in a week. Like most of the other celebs, he also has one cheat day, during which he can eat whatever he wants.
Joe Manganiello Favorite Things
- Book – The Fountainhead (By Ayn Rand)
- Movie – Fight Club (1999)
- City – Venice, Italy
- Play – A Streetcar Named Desire (By Tennessee Williams)
Source – USMagazine
Joe Manganiello Facts
- During school times, he served as the captain of the football team, basketball team and volleyball team of his school.
- Joe shares the same shoe size and almost same height with the True Blood costar Alexander Skarsgard.
- In 2011, Joe was titled with “Favorite Pop-Culture Werewolf of All Time” by Entertainment Weekly readers.
- He has bad eyes and those can’t be even corrected by laser surgery.
- For the band Goldfinger, he served as a roadie.
- He is an avid fan of American football’s team Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Pantera was his first concert.
- When he was 16, he used to dress like Captain Morgan in the bars and in return of that he used to get some payment.
- He had appeared fully nude in an Off-Broadway play.
- Joe had once planned to join FBI.
- He enjoys karaoke and likes to go Disneyland.
- As a child, when Joe was 6, he participated in a chess tournament for which he won the third place.
- Join him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.