|Amit Sial Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|July 1, 1975
Amit Sial is an Indian actor who came into prominence after making his film debut in the Indian English-language movie Hope & a Little Sugar (2006), where he played the role of Ali Siddiqui. He solidified his fame by portraying the part of the sting journalist Prabhat in Love S*x Aur Dhokha (2010) and by appearing in many other films such as Charlie Kay Chakkar Mein (2015). He has also starred in a number of TV shows including the crime thriller Hostages, having begun to essay the character of Peter George in the web series for Hotstar Specials in 2019. Sial has performed in several stage productions across India, such as in the adapted version of Salman Rushdie‘s Haroun and the Sea of Stories, in which he played the titular role.
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Amit attended Sheiling House School in Kanpur. From 1993 to 1996, he went to Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, graduating from there acquiring his B.Com. (Hons) degree. He completed his professional theater training in Delhi, India with Theater Action Group (TAG).
Amit attained his Post-Graduation diploma in International Business from Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia. He had done a lot of theater work simultaneously in Melbourne.
- Father – His father had been into the leather business.
- Mother – His mother was a librarian.
- Siblings – He has 1 younger brother who is a Chartered Accountant.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Aanchal Sial – He is married to Aanchal.
Race / Ethnicity
- Large and expressive eyes
- Moles on his face
Amit Sial Favorite Things
- Friend – Randeep Hooda
Source – Hindustan Times
Amit Sial Facts
- He was raised in Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- Amit had craved to become an actor since the age of 8, ever since he saw actor Amitabh Bachchan in a film for the first time. His mother sensed Sial’s real interest and dream and pushed him into acting.
- The character of Maurya that Sial began to portray in the TV show Mirzapur in 2018, has been likened to that of Amitabh Bachchan in the movie Zanjeer. Sial has admitted that as he became an actor because of Big B, it has been his conscious effort to never mimic him knowing that there can be only one Bollywood’s Shahenshah. He had to bring it from within, the effort making him get reminded of an inspector in Kanpur while he was in school, who was the most polite yet authoritative gentleman he has known. Sial had been surprised to see such a virtuous and honest man in a place replete with crime and had remembered him all the while he worked on his character.
- Amit would wash dishes and drive taxis during the time he studied in Melbourne, Australia.
- He has believed people should be allowed to get into acting only after having undergone some kind of formal training.
- Amit has experienced out-of-work moments in life but has taken them in his stride, realizing that disappointment and failure are emotions and are a part and parcel of the phenomenon of life, and so we should never be scared to accept any of them.
Featured Image by Amit Sial / Instagram