|Mina Sundwall Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|October 24, 2001
Mina Sundwall is an American actress who came into prominence after she began playing her breakthrough role of Penny Robinson in 2018 in the Netflix science fiction streaming television series Lost in Space. She has appeared in a number of films as well, including A Good Marriage (2014). Sundwall has garnered more than 260k followers on Instagram.
Mina De Julis
New York City, New York, United States
Mina attended United Nations International School, graduating in June 2019. She then majored in Psychology. She has taken lessons at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute.
- Father – Fredrik Sundwall (Producer)
- Mother – Nadia Leonelli (Producer)
She has been represented by CESD Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish descent on her father’s side of the family and of Italian descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Blue eyes
- A tiny tattoo on her finger
Mina Sundwall Favorite Things
- Film – Sixteen Candles
- Play/Musical – Les Miserables
Source – Pop-Culturalist
Mina Sundwall Facts
- She was brought up in New York City. In order to reconcile college as well as her acting career, she had shifted to Los Angeles. She spent some of her childhood in Europe.
- Mina has been fluent in French, Spanish, and Swedish.
- When she was younger, her dream was to be a forensic pathologist. However, she had to get over it after finding out she was not strong in Science.
- She has recalled that the first film she had watched at the age of 6, that made her realize she wanted to act was What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.
- Sundwall has liked playing the piano and guitar.
- She has been passionate about children, having hoped to leverage her own story to facilitate multiculturalism, overcome differences, and promote a more inclusive world.
- Mina has longed to do a historical French movie.
- She has been lactose intolerant.
- Mina has craved to travel the unbeaten path and explore all sides of the world, beginning with Easter Island.
- She does not have any siblings but has a dog who has been stiff competition.
- Mina has enjoyed binge-watching TV shows such as Black Mirror.
- She can wiggle her ears.
- Sundwall has stated that she had been drawn to Lost in Space by reading the first scene for her audition that had her character on the glacier. She had got immediately intrigued by the entire setting along with the concept of her being on a lost planet reading Moby Dick. She had continued going through the script and been amazed to see the ordinary family in an extraordinary situation and got hooked right away.
- Mina has recollected having been stunned by the environment Lost in Space had put her in, that relied heavily on special effects. One of the most challenging scenes to shoot had been in an episode where she was on the ice. The glacier set had been built in the studio and was quite complex and had kept requiring adjustments.
- Mina has been obsessed with pickles.
- She has disclosed that the first thing she has done after getting out of bed has inevitably been trying her best to find her glasses, which has led to a new adventure every day.
Featured Image by Mina Sundwall / Instagram