|Errol Flynn Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1909|
|Date of Death||October 14, 1959|
Errol Flynn was an Australian actor, writer, and producer who achieved global fame during the Golden Age of Hollywood and was known for his romantic swashbuckler roles. He gained popularity with his performance in movies like The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Dark Avenger, Captain Blood, The Charge of the Light Brigade, The Prince and the Pauper, Four’s a Crowd, Santa Fe Trail, Dodge City, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, They Died with Their Boots On, Edge of Darkness, and San Antonio.
Errol Leslie Thomson Flynn
The Baron, Satan’s Angel, Flynny, The Tasmanian Devil, Rolly
He was born on June 20, 1909.
On October 14, 1959, Flynn died of a heart attack at the age of 50 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, California, United States
Battery Point, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Errol Flynn studied at The Hutchins School, Hobart College, The Friends School, and Albura Street Primary School, until he was expelled from each one. He attended South West London College, a private boarding school in Barnes, London, from 1923 to 1925.
Afterward, he got enrolled at Sydney Church of England Grammar School (known as “Shore“) in 1926. One of his classmates there was future Australian prime minister John Gorton.
Errol Flynn’s formal education came to an end when he was expelled from Shore for theft. However, he claimed it was for a s*xual encounter with the school’s laundress.
Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Theodore Thomson Flynn (October 11, 1883 – October 23, 1968) (Marine Biologist, Professor in both Tasmania and the United Kingdom)
- Mother – Lily Mary Young (later: Marelle)
- Others – John Thompson/Thomas Flynn (Paternal Grandfather), Jessie B. Thomson (Paternal Grandmother), Capt. Frederick George Young (Maternal Grandfather), Annie Edith Madden (Maternal Grandmother), Sean Flynn (Grandson) (via his daughter Rory) (Actor)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $10 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Errol Flynn had dated –
- Mae Madison
- Gloria Vanderbilt
- Ross Alexander
- Eva Perón
- Veronica Lake
- Lana Turner
- Martha O’Driscoll
- Rock Hudson
- Mildred Shay
- Lupe Velez
- Howard Hughes
- Edith Beckerman
- Ida Lupino
- Diana Douglas
- Tallulah Bankhead
- Hedy Lamarr
- Barbara Hutton
- Dolores del Rio
- Anita Ekberg
- Yvonne De Carlo
- Tyrone Power – RUMOR
- Naomi Campbell-Dibbs
- Lili Damita (1935-1942) – He was married to French-American actor and singer Lili Damita from 1935 until 1942. The duo had a son named Sean Leslie Flynn (b. May 31, 1941) who was an actor and freelance photojournalist best known for his coverage of the Vietnam War. Sean was declared legally dead in 1984 after he disappeared on April 6, 1970, in Cambodia.
- Olivia de Havilland (1937)
- Virginia Hill (1938)
- Marguerite Chapman (1939) – RUMOR
- Marlene Dietrich (1940)
- Joan Bennett (1940)
- Doris Duke (1941-1942)
- Diana Dill (1942)
- Shelley Winters (1942)
- Faith Domergue (1942-1945)
- Truman Capote (1943) – RUMOR
- Mary Ann Hyde (1943-1944)
- Julie Bishop (1943-1944)
- Nora Eddington (1943-1949) – Between 1943 and 1949, he was married to American actor and socialite Nora Eddington and they parented 2 daughters – Deirdre (b. January 10, 1945) and Rory (b. March 1947).
- Rita Hayworth (1946)
- Linda Christian (1947)
- Princess Irene Ghika (1948-1950)
- Greer Garson (1948-1949)
- Patrice Wymore (1950-1959)- He married American actor Patrice Wymore in October 1950 at the Lutheran Church, Nice, France. They remained married until his death in 1959 and had a daughter named Arnella Roma (1953-1998).
- Maureen Swanson (1952)
- Gita Hall (1954-1957)
- Jeanne Carmen (1957)
- Diana Millay (1957)
- Beverly Aadland (1957-1959)
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Irish, Scottish, and English descent.
However, author Charles Higham had claimed that Errol was bisexual.
- Usually sported a mustache
- Playboy lifestyle
- Considered one of the greatest movie swashbucklers of the sound period
- Frequently appeared in historical action films
Errol Flynn Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Roles That He Played – Gentleman Jim Corbett in Gentleman Jim (1942)
Source – Wikipedia
Errol Flynn Facts
- He had a reputation for womanizing, hard-drinking, chain-smoking, and, for a time in the 1940s, narcotics abuse.
- Two 17-year-old girls, Betty Hansen and Peggy Satterlee, separately accused Flynn of statutory rape in late 1942. He was later acquitted.
- Errol Flynn had a Schnauzer dog named Arno who once badly bit Bette Davis.
- He resided in Port Antonio, Jamaica after quitting Hollywood.
- Flynn was buried with 6 bottles of his favorite whiskey.
Featured Image by Jrodsquad / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0