|Daya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1998|
Daya is an American singer and songwriter who has released various albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Sit Still, Look Pretty, Daya, The Difference, Hide Away, Forward Motion, New, Safe, Words, Insomnia, Keeping It in the Dark, Left Me Yet, First Time, Bad Girl, What If I Told You, Montana, and Older (with Shallou). As a featured artist, she has worked on songs like Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers, I Wanna Know by RL Grime, and Feel Good by Gryffin and Illenium.
Grace Martine Tandon
Daya (Pronounced as Day-Uh)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Daya went to the St. Bernard School. After that, she got enrolled at Mt. Lebanon High School from where she graduated in 2016.
To polish up her music and performance skills, she went to the Accelerando Music Conservatory in Pittsburgh.
- Father – Hans Tandon
- Mother – Christine Tandon
- Siblings – Avery Tandon (Sister), Rachel Tandon (Sister), Celia Tandon (Sister), Mariana Tandon (Sister)
- Others – Jagdish Singh “Jag” Tandon (Paternal Grandfather), Monika Dettmers (Paternal Grandmother), Eugene G. Illig (Maternal Grandfather), Bernice L. (Maternal Grandmother)
Daya has been represented by –
- The Creed Company
- Paradigm Talent Agency
Pop, synthpop, electronic
Vocals, flute, guitar, saxophone, ukulele
Artbeatz, Z, RED Distribution, Interscope Records, Sandlot, AWAL
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm (Approx)
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Daya has dated –
- Clyde Munroe – Daya is in a same-sex relationship with a girl named, Clyde Munroe which she revealed when she came out as ‘bisexual’ in an Instagram post in October 2018 on the occasion of “National Coming Out Day”.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
Daya is of Indian, American, English, Irish, and German descent.
- Dimpled smile
34-25-33 in or 86-63.5-84 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Daya has starred in a TV commercial for the GEICO insurance company.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with The Chainsmokers for the Grammy-winning song, Don’t Let me Down
- The success of her single, Hide Away, which managed to reach the 23rd position on Billboard Hot 100
Daya released her debut studio album Sit Still, Look Pretty on October 7, 2016, via Z Entertainment, Artbeatz, and RED Distribution. It included songs like Love of My Life, Dare, I.C.Y.M.I., Legendary, Back to Me, Talk, Words, Got the Feeling, and Cool.
The album ranked at number #36 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at number #40 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart as well as was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).a
First TV Show
In 2015, Daya guest appeared on the comedy talk show The Late Late Show with James Corden as a musical guest.
Daya Favorite Things
- First Album She Ever Bought – Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
- Most Memorable Concert – Mylo Xyloto concert by Coldplay
- Frequently Used Emoji – Three little stars
- Reality Show – Anything on Food Network
- Celebrity Crush – Liam Hemsworth
- Dream Vacation – Thailand
- Comfort Food – Mashed Potatoes
- Word – Bloody
- Song Of 2016 – Weaker Girl by Banks
- Place She Had Visited – New Delhi
- Karaoke Song – Everytime We Touch (By Cascada)
- Biggest Fear – Donald Trump becoming US President
- Dream Collaboration – Chance the Rapper
Source – BuzzFeed
- Daya is a classically trained pianist and she started her piano lessons at the age of 3.
- She is so proficient with the piano that she can play it upside down.
- She found her voice at the age of 10 and it is then, she started accompanying herself with the piano.
- For a while, she performed in her family band, consisting of all 5 girls (Daya + her 4 sisters) in the family.
- Her stage name Daya is a mere Hindi translation of her first name, Grace.
- In 2016, she was invited to perform at the White House Easter Egg Roll, due to which her family got to meet then-President Obama and Michelle Obama.
- Visit her official website @ theofficialdaya.com.
Thats a lie she’s 1.75 tall