|Reema Kagti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Reema Kagti is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter who has predominantly worked in Hindi film industry. Over the years, she has been a part of a variety of shows and movies which include the likes of Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Made in Heaven, Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, Rock On!!, Gully Boy, Dil Chahta Hai, Bombay Talkies, Dil Dhadakne Do, Lakshya, Lagaan, Gold, and Dahaad.
Digboi, Assam, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reema Kagti did her schooling in Delhi.
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Jitamrit Kagti (Farmer)
- Mother – Purobi Kagti (Teacher)
- Siblings – Julie Kagti (Older Sister) (Textile Designer), Shivani Kagti (Younger Sister) (Has served as an assistant editor for People magazine in Mumbai)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Reema Kagti is of Assamese descent.
Salt and Pepper
Sports short hair
Reema Kagti Facts
- She was a teenager when she moved to Mumbai.
- In 2007, Reema Kagti made her directorial debut with the Hindi-language comedy-drama film Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. Anupama Chopra of India Today gave the film a positive review, stating, “Thankfully, Kagti, who also scripted the movie, works with a light hand. There are a few leaden emotional scenes but they are crowded out by the non-stop fun and games. It all heads toward the superb set-piece item: Sajna main vari vari. The cast reads like a who’s who of Bollywood’s most underrated actors: Ranvir Shorey, Abhay Deol, Kay Kay Menon, Raima Sen. The last two are especially good as the Bengali couple whose equation changes as their honeymoon progresses. Kagti’s is a fresh and original voice. This ride is worth taking.”
- Along with Zoya Akhtar, Reema Kagti co-wrote the 2011 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (also abbreviated as ZNMD). The film stars Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif, and Kalki Koechlin. It garnered widespread acclaim and Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India gave the film 3.5/5 stars and lauded its lead performances, noting, “If Abhay is the anchor of the group, Farhan’s funster role is full of beans and Hrithik’s metamorphosis from uptight, money-minded stock broker to carefree vagabond is a class act”.
- She co-wrote and directed the 2012 Hindi-language crime thriller film Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and Rani Mukerji. The film received positive reviews from the critics and Rubina Khan of The First Post praised the film saying, “Talaash: The Answer Lies Within is where your search for a good film begins. Reema Kagti’s search for a loyal audience for her kind of cinema ends with Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, which seems poised to make some serious cash at the box office as a sure-fire winner.”
- In October 2015, Reema Kagti co-founded Tiger Baby Films (a film and web studio) along with her longtime friend and collaborator Zoya Akhtar.
- She co-wrote the 2019 Hindi-language musical drama film Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt, and Siddhant Chaturvedi. The film became the 8th-highest-grossing Hindi film of the year as well as was selected as the Indian entry for the Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Along with Zoya Akhtar, Reema Kagti co-created the romantic drama web series Made in Heaven which premiered on Amazon Prime Video on March 8, 2019.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0