|S. S. Rajamouli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1973|
S. S. Rajamouli is an Indian director, actor, and screenwriter, best known for his directorial work in Telugu cinema. His most critically acclaimed work included directing fantasy action films Magadheera (2009) and Eega (2012) but his prominence increased even more with the release of the epic action film, Baahubali: The Beginning (2015). After the release of the 2nd part in the franchise, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), the franchise became the highest-grossing Indian multilingual film franchise of all time globally. In the box office, these 2 movies made approximately $260 million and made the release of the 3rd part in the series highly likely. The movies’ lead actor, Prabhas, stated that S. S. Rajamouli has already written multiple test scripts and presented them to him.
Koduri Srisaila Sri Rajamouli
S. S. Rajamouli, Jakkanna
Amareshwara Camp, Manvi, Raichur District, Karnataka, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Rajamouli finished his primary education in Kovvur, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India, and his higher education in Eluru, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Director, Actor, Screenwriter
- Father – K. V. Vijayendra Prasad (Director, Screenwriter)
- Mother – Raja Nandini
- Others – M. M. Keeravani (Cousin) (Music Composer, Playback Singer), Kalyana Ramana (Cousin) (Music Composer, Playback Singer), S. S. Kanchi (Cousin) (Screenwriter)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
S. S. Rajamouli has dated –
- Koduri Rama (2001-Present) – After Rama divorced her 1st husband in 2000, Rajamouli saw an opportunity and proposed to her in 2001. She had a son from that previous marriage, which he accepted wholeheartedly. In 2003, she became his costume designer and they began raising their 2 children, a son named S. S. Karthikeya, who wanted to work in cinematography, and a daughter named S. S. Mayookha.
Race / Ethnicity
Due to advancing age, his hair color has turned to ‘Salt and Pepper’.
Salt and pepper hair and beard
S. S. Rajamouli Favorite Things
Source – YouTube
S. S. Rajamouli Facts
- He lived in Vizag (Visakhapatnam) in Andhra Pradesh, India, for a few years as this was his mother’s hometown.
- He used to work as an assistant to K. Raghavendra Rao, a “Legend of Telugu Cinema”, who directed more than 110 movies in 4 decades of work.
- Prabhas, who was the lead actor in Bahubali: The Beginning (2015), asked him for advice on the movie Saaho (2019) he was doing with a new director, Sujeeth Reddy. Rajamouli told him that the movie was too long and too action-packed and had to be trimmed short. The movie received negative reviews for the lack of story and alienated the two in the process. Prabhas wanted to prove that he largely contributed to the success of Bahubali and wanted to recreate that mass hysteria without a well-known director.
- He was named “CNN-News18 Indian of the Year in Entertainment” in 2015.
- Rajamouli was awarded the Padma Shri, the 4th-highest civilian honor awarded by India’s government for his contributions in the field of Art in 2016.
- The movie RRR, which he directed and wrote a screenplay for, was scheduled for release in 2020. One of the actresses in the movie, Alia Bhatt, was his big fan even before they met. She expressed the desire to work with him and Rajamouli in response told her he planned to call her to audition anyway. The movie also features actors such as Ram Charan and Jr NTR.
- He has amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 5 million followers on Facebook, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 600k followers on Instagram.
- His movies typically have CGI-aided fight scenes and beautiful scenery.
- In his movies, the lead character’s love interest appears before the climax of the movie and usually with a romantic Indian song playing in the background.
- At his first Oscar Awards in March 2023, Rajamouli wore an ethnic outfit – a kurta and dhoti pants. The song ‘Naatu Naatu’ from his directed movie RRR had won the Oscar award for ‘Best Original Song’.
- S. S. Rajamouli paid $25,000 (or INR 20.6 lakh) per person to buy tickets for Oscars 2023 for himself and others like Ram Charan, Jr NTR, and others. Later, it was made clear by S. S. Karthikeya that all the major star cast was invited including Ram Charan, Jr NTR, Prem Rakshit, Kaala Bhairava, Rahul Sipligunj, Keeravani and Chandrabose, but they did pay $1,500 per seat at the lower level and $750 per seat at the top level.
- In 2023, Rajamouli spent ₹8.5 crores for the campaigning of RRR (2022) at the time of the Oscars as per his son S. S. Karthikeya.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0