|Ben Lovett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ben Lovett is a talented Welsh musician and songwriter. He is one of the original members of the Grammy-winning London-based folk-rock quartet band, Mumford & Sons. Apart from vocals, Ben works his magic on the guitar, drums, accordion, percussion, keyboard, and piano. Like Marcus Mumford, he is also an alumnus of the King’s College School in Wimbledon, London. He has helped Peggy Sue, Ellie Goulding, Simone Felice and others with their music production. Ben is actively involved in promoting new and seasoned talents through Communion Music.
Benjamin Walter David Lovett
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Ben Lovett studied at the Hallfield School in Birmingham, England. He later joined King’s College School in Wimbledon, London.
Musician, Songwriter, Businessman
- Siblings – He has 3 siblings.
Ben Lovett can be reached through Everybody, Music Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
Folk Rock, Indie Folk
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Accordion, Percussion, Keyboard, Piano
- Island Records
- Universal Records
- Glassnote Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Lovett has dated –
- Jemima Janney – Ben had been dating fashion designer Jemima Janney for a long time. On July 20, 2014, he announced his engagement. The couple had an intimate marriage ceremony in 2015. However, their marriage lasted only a year as they separated in late 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tends to keep a beard
- Long chin
Best Known For
Being one of the founding members of the London-based folk rock quartet band Mumford & Sons
On October 2, 2009, as a member of Mumford & Sons group, he and fellow band members released a debut studio album Sigh No More through Island and Glassnote recording labels. The album opened at #11 on the UK Albums Chart.
First TV Show
In 2011, he made his first TV show appearance on the news talk show Breakfast.
Ben Lovett Favorite Things
- Big Venue – The Fox in Atlanta, Gorge in Washington, Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, and Waldbühne in Berlin
Source – Poll Star
Ben Lovett Facts
- At the age of 3, he found out that he had a severe allergy to nuts after he got his first anaphylactic shock from chocolate that contained hazelnut oil.
- His passion for live music developed at age 12 when he went to No Doubt concert and felt the strong human connection created by music.
- His first gig was as a teenager with the punk band ADHD, on the drums, at The Peel in Kingston.
- Ben loves hosting parties.
- He has never tried Chinese food or Korean barbecue because of his allergy.
- He financially backs a London-based nuts-free restaurant Lupins, which is co-founded by his childhood friend chef Lucy Pedder.
- Ben is the co-founder of Communion, a record and live promotion label that aims to create a “platform for an unsigned music scene in the main cities”.
- Communion has supported and helped release the music of several notable artists, including Gotye, Michael Kiwanuka, Foy Vance, and Ben Howard.
- John has also worked as a producer for other musicians including Peggy Sue, Ellie Goulding, and Simone Felice.
- He founded Omeara, a live music venue and club based in London.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Rob D / Flickr / CC BY-2.0