|Surveen Chawla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1984|
Surveen Chawla is an Indian actress and model who started her acting journey with a couple of popular daily soaps. Then, she started working in regional movies to further build her portfolio and develop her skills. She has achieved quite a success in her native Punjabi language movies and her body of work when it comes to Bollywood movies isn’t shabby either. Her work in the movie, Parched, and web series, Sacred Games, has been highly acclaimed by the critics. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Surveen Chawla went to Vivek High School. After completing her 10th class education, she moved to the Government Home Science College, where she studied until the completion of her school education.
She later got enrolled at the Government College for Girls in Sector 11, Chandigarh.
- Father – Her father is a businessman.
- Siblings – Manavinder Singh (Brother) (Businessman)
Surveen Chawla is represented by –
- Parul Malhotra of Bling Entertainment
- Mumbai-based Wingman Talent Management
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Surveen Chawla has dated –
- Apurva Agnihotri (2006) – In 2006, Surveen Chawla was linked with actor Apurva Agnihotri. It was reported that their romance had blossomed on the sets of the daily TV series, Kaajjal. Their affair also caused a bit of scandal as Apurva was married to TV actress, Shilpa Sakhlani.
- Gaurav Chopra (2013) – As per reports, Surveen started going out with actor Gaurav Chopra by the start of 2013. However, there are some sources that claim that they had been dating for quite some time before their relationship was made public in January 2013. In February 2013, they even hosted a private screening of her movie Singh vs Kaur. They seem to have broken up before the end of the year as in his February 2014 interview, Chopra revealed that he wasn’t dating Surveen any longer.
- Akshay Thakker (2013-Present) – Surveen Chawla got married to Akshay Thakker, the owner of Earth Pharmaceuticals, in a small and intimate wedding ceremony in Italy in 2015. They had first met in 2013 through a mutual friend and had connected instantly. Although they got married in 2015, the public didn’t know about it until the early months of 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
Surveen Chawla has used her social media presence to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- Ridhi Mehra Designer
- JJ Valaya
Best Known For
- Being cast as the female lead in a number of popular Punjabi movies such as Dharti, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, Singh vs Kaur, and Disco Singh
- Her work in the Bollywood movies such as Hate Story 2, Parched, and Ugly
- Being cast as Jojo Mascarenas in the sensational crime thriller Netflix series, Sacred Games. The show is an adaptation of Vikram Chandra’s novel of the same name.
In 2008, she made her theatrical film debut as a female lead in the Kannada drama movie, Paramesha Panwala.
First TV Show
In 2003, Surveen Chawla made her first TV show appearance on the popular Star Plus soap opera, Kahiin to Hoga.
Surveen Chawla is a big fan of yoga and has made it an important component of her daily workout regime. She relies on the guidance of her trainer and teacher, Roshy Hussain for her yoga sessions. She also makes it a point to meditate daily. Apart from yoga and meditation, she has also included gym workouts in her workout regime.
Surveen Chawla Favorite Things
- Dish – Baingan ka bhartha
- Chandigarh Hangouts – Krishan Chat Bhandar sector 34, Vijay Confectionary’s Coffee, Sai Sweet Sector 22, Sector 8
- Food – Chinese Food
- Dessert – Her mother’s handmade Panjiri and Rasmalai
Source – I Am Punjaabi, Hindustan Times
Surveen Chawla Facts
- After graduating from college, she moved to Mumbai. She was then advised by someone to audition for Balaji Telefilms. She wasn’t interested in working in the TV industry but still went for the audition and was cast in the soap opera, Kahiin to Hoga.
- In May 2018, an FIR was filed against Chawla, her brother, and her husband by a businessman Satpal Gupta for committing a fraud of Rs. 40 lakh.
- In 2016, she participated in the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. However, she wasn’t able to go far in the show and was eliminated along with Arjun Bijlani in the double elimination.
- In 2008, she was paired with fast bowler S. Sreesanth in the dance reality TV series, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.
- For her strong performance in her Punjabi debut movie, Dharti, she was given “Best Female Debutante Award” at the PTC Punjabi Film Awards in 2011.
Featured Image by Surveen Chawla / Instagram