|Naveen Andrews Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Naveen Andrews is a British-American actor best known for playing the role of Sayid Jarrah on ABC network’s Lost (2004–2010).
Naveen William Sidney Andrews
Lambeth, South London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Naveen studied at Emmanuel School based in Battersea, South-West London but dropped out before completing the final year of his education.
- He earned a scholarship to study acting for 3 years at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama where actors Ewan McGregor and David Thewlis were his classmates.
- Father – Stanley Andrews (Businessman, Took a job with the Railways Department in London)
- Mother – Nirmala (Psychologist, Took a job at a Post-office in London)
- Siblings – He has an estranged younger brother.
He is represented by –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, London, England, United Kingdom
- The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Ellen Meyer Management, California, United States
- Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher LLP, Beverly Hills, California, United States (Law Firm)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Naveen has dated –
- Geraldine Feakins (1985–1991) – Andrews had an affair with his teacher which came out in the open when Mr. Feakins found the two of them in a compromising position one afternoon in May 1985. That incident ended his teacher’s marriage while Naveen continued to live with her. The couple became parents to a son named Jaisal Andrews (b. 1992) but ended their romantic relationship before his birth.
- Barbara Hershey (1998–2010) – Naveen met Barbara in 1998 while filming Drowning on Dry Land (1999). The actress is older than Naveen by 21 years. They were in a live-in relationship for 10 years although they broke up for a short while in 2005.
- Elena Eustache (2005) – While on a break from his long term partner, Naveen had a brief affair with Czech actress turned Psychologist, Elena who eventually became a relationship and dating expert in Beverly Hills, California and holds a Ph.D. in Psychology and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. He had a son by her named Naveen Joshua (b. 2006). Andrews gained full custody of his younger child.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Malayali ancestry.
- Thick, curly hair
- South London accent
- Dark, exotic features
He was raised in the Methodist denomination of Christianity.
Naveen Andrews Favorite Things
- Sports Team – Chelsea Football Club (Soccer)
Source – IMDb
Naveen Andrews Facts
- Although the actor has Indian ethnicity, he cannot speak Hindi, the country’s national language or his mother tongue Malayalam.
- His first name means ‘new’ in Sanskrit.
- Both of Naveen’s parents were Malayali Nasrani immigrants from Kerela, India. They were one of the earliest Indian immigrants to settle in England who moved there in 1965.
- He became a naturalized American Citizen in May 2010.
- Naveen had a violent and repressed upbringing because his rebellious behavior often left his parents frustrated and distressed. They threw him out of their house when he was 16 years old. He was taken in by his high school Mathematics teacher and her husband.
- Naveen is an adept guitar player since childhood and also knows tap-dance.
- Throughout his 20s, Naveen was addicted to heroin and alcohol but he was always managed to get just sober enough for an acting job.
- He decided to get sober at the age of 29 when he met his childhood hero, Steve Jones, guitarist of S*x Pistols, at a party. Steve informed Naveen how he successfully gave up drinking and smoking and took him to his first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
- Andrews was cast in the music video of Buddha of Suburbia (1994) by David Bowie.
- Growing up in London, Naveen never felt at home in England because he faced a lot of racism. At the same time, he felt out of place among his Indian relatives as well because he could not speak his parents’ native language. Los Angeles in the United States is the only city he is happy to call his home.
- The actor never got to reconcile with his parents. His father expired when he was 18 years old while his mother died in the 1990s still bearing resentment against him.
Featured Image by Kanaka’s Paradise Life / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0