Miesha Theresa Tate
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Miesha attended Franklin Pierce High School in Parkland, Washington.
Miesha then went to Central Washington University in Washington.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Rob Tate
- Mother – Michelle Tate
- Siblings – Felicia Martin (Sister)
KHI Management, LLC
KHI is NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick’s company and Miesha was the second MMA fighter (after Donald Cerrone) to join the company.
66.5 in or 169 cm
Wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
61 kg or 134½ pounds
Miesha Tate dated –
- Bryan Caraway – UFC fighters Bryan Caraway and Miesha are dating since quite some time. They met at Central Washington University during MMA fitness club. In 2014, Miesha also saved Bryan’s mom, Chris Caraway’s life when Chris got an asthma attack when she was scuba diving.
Race / Ethnicity
- Raised eyebrows
- Golden hair highlights
37-25-36 in or 94-63.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has signed sponsorship deals with NASCAR and Budweiser.
Miesha has appeared in Infinite Labs’ Fighter’s Power supplements commercial.
She has not revealed her religious beliefs.
Best Known For
Being a Mixed Martial Artist and winning the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship.
First Professional Fighting Match
On November 24, 2007, Miesha played against Jan Finney and won by 1-0 by referee decision in round 4 in a match which went for full 3 minutes at Evansville, Indiana, United States. It was Women’s Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal.
In 2016, she was seen in action film Fight Valley for her role as Jabs.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in sports series UFC from All Angles: Miesha Tate for her role as a fighter.
She takes 2 spoons of coconut oil a day. Miesha does a strength-training session in the morning and a technique drills session in the evening.
It is not all, she has to do numerous other exercises to gain advantage over other fighters. For instance, she does a push kick exercise to improve her lower body strength and balance.
She also practices Brazilian jiu-jitsu and other famous fighting styles to have an edge over other fighters during a match.
You can get to learn more about her by watching some DVDs of hers.
Miesha Tate Favorite Things
Miesha Tate Facts
- As per Miesha’s Instagram profile, “I punch faces for a living.”
- Tate was considered a tomboy during her youth as she used to hangout with boys rather than girls.
- While in high school, she started playing amateur wrestling. The other option she had was of basketball. But, she chose to play wrestling.
- After joining MMA, she got attracted towards Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- She had her first amateur bout in March 2006 in which she played against Muay Thai specialist, Elizabeth Posener.
- Miesha is a fan of American football team, Seattle Seahawks.
- Miesha has appeared n*de for the 2013 ESPN Body Issue.
- Tate has been titled as the “the most beautiful woman in MMA” by Fitness Gurls magazine in December 2013.
- In 2014 Maxim’s “Hot 100” list, she was ranked #58.
- In 2012, she was seen in mixed martial arts documentary film Fight Life which was filmed from 2008 to 2011 and is self-funded.
- Visit her official website @ mieshatate.com.
- Connect with Miesha on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+.