|Kaitlin Olson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1975|
Kaitlin Willow Olson
Portland, Oregon, United States
She lives in a contemporary house in Sherman Oaks suburbs of Los Angeles, California.
Kaitlin Olson went to the Tigard High School in Oregon.
After graduating from high school, she got admission at the University of Oregon. In 1997, she graduated from the university with a Bachelor of Science degree in theatre arts.
- Father – Donald Olson (Publisher of the Portland Tribune)
- Mother – Melinda Olson
- Others – Harry William Olson (Paternal Grandfather), Alice Virginia Hall (Paternal Grandmother), Rodney Elmer Olson (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Elsie Lillian Wells (Paternal Great-Grandmother)
Kaitlin Olson is represented by Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaitlin Olson has dated
- Rob McElhenney (2006-Present) – Kaitlin secretly started dating her It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia co-star in 2006 during the filming of the second season of the show. They kept their relationship secret for quite some time as they didn’t want to spoil the flow of the show. Their co-stars eventually found out about their relationship during a press junket as Rob and Kaitlin sat them down in the hotel room to make their relationship public. In September 2008, they got married in a romantic ceremony. In September 2010, she gave birth to their first son, Axel Lee. In fact, she went into labor while at the stadium to watch the match between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Philadelphia Phillies. She gave birth to Axel at their house in Los Angeles, which they had planned beforehand. In April 2012, they welcomed their second son, Leo Grey McElhenney, into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh, Irish, German, Swedish, and English ancestry.
- Elongated chin
- Broad smile
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) (via Twitter)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Deandra “Sweet Dee” Reynolds in the FX sitcom, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Having played the leading role of Mackenzie Molng in the comedy TV series, The Mick.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in the horror flick, Eyes to Heaven.
First TV Show
In 2000, Kaitlin made her first TV show appearance in the comedy series, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Kaitlin Olson regularly works out to keep herself fit and healthy. She even didn’t give up exercising during her pregnancy and credits her workout regime for making childbirth process easier. She claimed that even if she was feeling tired, she worked out as it helped her feel more energetic.
Kaitlin Olson Favorite Things
- First-Ever Album Bought – Raising Hell by DMC
- Individual, She Would Love To Portray Onscreen – Trisha Yearwood
- Funeral Song – London Bridge by Fergie
- Movies – Bill Murray‘s almost every movie and Elf (2003)
- Musician – Lizzo
- Novelist – Sarah Waters
- Novel – Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- Beyoncé Song – Countdown
Kaitlin Olson Facts
- When she was approached by the creators of The Mick to play the lead role in the show, she told them that she would only consider it if they allowed her to work as executive producer on the project.
- When she was 12 years old, she was involved in a serious bicycle accident that left her with a smashed face and hole in the skull. The doctors had to perform reconstructive surgery to take care of her fractured skull.
- To get the accent right for the role of Bulgarian drug dealer in the movie The Heat, she initially watched tons of YouTube videos and then worked with a Bulgarian woman and a dialect coach.
- She has partnered with her husband and his high school friend to open a bar in Philadelphia.
- When she was 8 years old, her family moved to Portland and settled on a farm in Tualatin. Thereafter, she spent most of her childhood at the farm. She has claimed in her interview with Buzzfeed that if she wanted to snack, she simply took something from the garden.
- She was a member of the popular Los Angeles based improv troupe, The Groundlings.
- She has worked extensively with the United Service Organizations and has traveled with them to Norway, Kosovo, and Bosnia.
- Her first brush with acting was during a summer camp that she attended while studying in elementary school. She also started participating in the school plays.
- When she auditioned for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the show creator Rob McElhenney (whom she would marry later) wasn’t impressed with her as she left a critical line out while giving screen test. Rob had to be convinced to cast her in the show.
- In January 2022, Kaitlin, Rob, Ryan Reynolds, and Blake Lively had donated almost $11,000 to Welsh soccer player Jordan Davies and his wife Kelsey Edwards’ GoFundMe page in honor of their late son.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0